Against All Odds

"Kara, are you still up for lu--" Caitlin stopped after her friend presumably vanished out of the blue, "Kara?" She called out, a small part of her thought Kara was pulling a prank on her, a weird one if so, "Cisco, did you see Kara go out?" Caitlin yelled to her tech-savvy friend after peeking around the corners to make sure if Kara had passed out or something.

"No, why?" Cisco also confused to why Kara is suddenly gone after coming into the Cortex, "What the he-"

"The Blur is apparently back in Central hastily apprehending a gang of robbers--" The TV suddenly perked their ears.

"Oh." Caitlin was hit by tons of revelation, however her voice sounded like she was only mildly fazed by it, "That makes sense."

"What? What makes sense?" Cisco weirded out to his co-worker.

Without even a second had passed, a loud gasp erupted from the middle of the room. Fright ensued the air inside, resulting in both workers stopping their conversation, as the string-attached-machines buzzed and rang. They then immediately turned to see the, now, awake patient. They noticed that he could barely move as he only sat up in the bed with his eyes widened.

"Ohhh, my God!" Cisco shouted in shock, his hands above his heart.

"Kara." Was the only word that came out of Barry's growling vocal chords.

"Dr. Wells, get down to the cortex like right now!" Yelled Cisco through a now open-mic that outputs every speaker inside the facility.

"BP 170 over 110, pulse 120. Pupils equally reactive to light--" Caitlin held up a dozen varying medical tools and equipment at Barry.

"Whoa, whoa. Relax..." Cisco interrupted with a smile, sending a brief glare over to his co-worker, even though she was still putting instruments at the patient, "Everything is okay, man... you're at STAR Labs." He underlined the name to give a securing sense over to Barry.

"Where's Kara?" His panic disregarded by his, somehow, overly monotone voice. Eyes rapidly aimed around the room.

"Uh, we don't know..." Cisco unsure of what to say, their main focus was just to calm him down, "What matters is that you're okay." He held out his palms as a gesture of assurance, "I'm Cisco Ramon..." He then looked over to his doctor friend, "She's Caitlin-- Dr. Snow." Subtly rolling his eyes as he remembered that she didn't like providing strangers a first-name basis. Somehow, that was different for Kara, but that was unknown to Cisco.

"I need you to urinate in this." Said Caitlin urgently as she held up a small plastic canister right in-front of Barry's face.

"Not this second." Cisco now gave a larger stare to Caitlin, which then the bio-engineer reluctantly put down said canister to a tray she's by.

"W-wait, what is happening? What is going on?!" Barry now got up and shouted, frantically demanding the two to elaborate.

"You were struck by lightning, dude!" Cisco exclaimed, revealing his geeky flair.

"W- what?" Barry lowered his voice and turned to face a flat-panel monitor, attached with a camera mounted on-top, displaying his now well-built – equipped with abs – bare torso, "Lightning... gave me--?" He trailed off, his gaze directed elsewhere that the other two didn't know and now making both Cisco and Caitlin confused. Then, a wide smile started to spread on his mouth, "Ka—!" He was cut off at the sudden smash of someone's lips on his. Barry kissed back and smiled against the lips, feeling and knowing that it was his loving girlfriend, Kara Kent. Or The Blur to one other person.

"The Blur is kissing Barry...?" Cisco mumbled in confusion, "Caitlin, why is Barry kissing a superhero?" He asked, meanwhile Barry and Kara's kiss were getting more and more heated and passionate by the second.