Reckoning

Kara's POV (Flashback)

I roamed my mind to write for something that I really want down on the piece of paper, waiting to be read by Barry and his foster family later.

I glanced over at Barry, whom was sitting beside me on the couch, to see him deep in his thoughts as I just looked at him with adoration. Every time I'm in a room with him, I smile a thousand times more and I'm a million times happier.

'I would want to have Barry in my live forever.' I thought as I smiled widely to myself. 'No, not just Barry; there's Martha, Jonathan, maybe even... a kid... with Barry.' I stated back to myself, grinning even larger at the end and blushing at just the thought of it.

But then it dawned on me, 'Good things never stay in my life, do they? My parents, my language, my culture... my whole planet.' And it scared the crap out of me if Barry goes away too.

"Hey, you okay?" Barry asked me, worriedly. He wiped away my tears that were just below my eyes with his thumb. It was that moment that I had just noticed, I've been crying while staring at him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why did you look away? I was enjoying the view." I answered weakly, smiling a little to try to lighten the mood. Faint heat creeping up my face.

"I felt something- Kara, you can tell me..." He requested in a soft tone, not addressing the reason, his hands still caressing my cheeks.

"I- it... I don't..." I trailed off to compose myself, "I just got a dumb thought in my head about... you. I wouldn't know what to do if I lost you."

He responds by lifting my chin up, giving me a sweet kiss on the lips, which I didn't hesitate to kiss back.

"You're never going to lose me, Kara. I promise." He said, tenderly, as I felt the weight on my mouth lift off, turning it into a smile.

I then placed my lips on his again, kissing him passionately and full of love. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he did too around my waist and it became more and more heated every passing second. I felt Barry's soothing hand go up my back, under my shirt, and just before it could turn into something more, I hear a very loud and clearly exaggerated sound of a man's throat clearing.

I turned to the dining table to see Joe reluctantly looking at us and Iris perching her arms on her elbows to hold her head up with both of her palms, watching us with a smile and clearly enjoying it.

I blushed furiously, having forgotten that we weren't alone.

"Not on the couch, please Barr." Joe begged in a calm voice.

"I didn't mind." Iris chimed in.

"Y- yeah, sorry." I heard my boyfriend apologize with a nervous chuckle. I got off of Barry to sit up on the couch. I turned back to see Barry scratch his neck as I giggled at his gesture.

"So sorry about that, Joe." I glanced back to apologize to Joe, being sincere but still felt a small smile on my face.

"It's fine, Kara... just don't do it while I'm here." Joe replied as I nodded.

I turned again to face Barry, smiling at him, to the point where my cheeks started to hurt. He looks back at me with a warm smile as I felt my cheeks warm up at the sudden remembrance of us making out. Then, out of the blue, I had an epiphany.

"I got it!" I exclaimed under my breath. I went to grab the piece of paper that was lying on the floor with a pencil to write the perfect wish.

•••••

3rd Person POV

Kara felt warm water brimming her eyes but the cold snow patted the top of her head. As it slowly sunk down to rough dirt, she felt a squeeze of his warm hand on her right. She wanted so badly to smile at Barry but she couldn't, her gaze was fixed onto the coffin. The coffin that was encasing the man she regarded as a father, Jonathan Kent.