iv. old memories

Boredom was apparent on Vee's face as he sat down in the Wheeler's basement, playing with the radio

   Boredom was apparent on Vee's face as he sat down in the Wheeler's basement, playing with the radio. Static was played throughout the basement and concentration was all over his face. It took a while for Vee to try and find Will, and it only made a tiny tingle run through his back. Eventually, he gave up, bored, and saw that El had dropped the spaceship out of boredom.

   A sigh came out of her mouth and she, along with Vee, got up from their spots and walked up the steps. El seemed to be a bit nervous about ignoring Mike's demands and leaving the basement but Vee hadn't felt anything. He was bored and he couldn't feel anyone else in the house, so they would be okay for the most part. El wandered her way into the kitchen while Vee found his way up the stairs.

Each step was soft and lint free, unlike the basement, and he found himself exploring the room of Mike. He start to search around the room, looking for something to do, and jumped into the tiny bed of his. It was softer than the one at the lab. Like, much softer than the bed he used to lay on. He found a oversized bear and wrapped his legs and arms around it, laying down on Mike's bed. A low sigh was pushed out of his pump lips and he started to find himself a bit sleepy. He hadn't had lots of rest since . . . never mind, he didn't want to think about that. But it's been some time since he's had a normal nap where he didn't have to look over his shoulder.

Or feel fingertips grazing up his thigh.

   But Vee found himself so comfortable, he didn't want to get up and stayed like that for the rest of the afternoon.

𓄇

Much isn't done for some. Much isn't done for Twelve.

Sometimes he believes that he truly did deserve what is happening to him—what they do to him. He thinks that it is all right and that people deserve to be punished for not listening to authorities in harsh ways. He believed that until one day, they broke him. They broke....everything in him. That night. He was broken and nobody saved him from the men shrouded in shadows and darkness; tainted by the evilness of what they've become and what they will be. Those men only worked to turn miracles into something....terrible. Something submissive and cationic that would listen to every word and believe they deserve to be corrupted.

They deserved it all.

But Twelve quickly realized that he didn't deserve that, nobody did and he wouldn't let himself believe that. He would not lay low and let himself think that he deserved to be punished for not listening or not doing what Papa wanted. He would not.

Twelve was the ones that fought back.

And Papa hated those.

The brownskin boy struggled in the arms of the men as they carried him, "No! Stop!" His screams cause the lights to shatter and glass to crack but they do not let go. His shaved head is messy and blood is all over his white nightgown; it is not his.