x. starfailure

Wake up

Wake up.

You have many more things to do my, Starchild.

You aren't done, Twelve. Get up.

   Twelve, do it.

   It's your fault. You chose this.

   Twelve. I don't like liars.

   You are more like me than you think.

   We are just alike.

   Join me.

   Grab em! Hold him down.

   Shh, just stay still. It'll all be over soon.

   We'll get through it together, okay?

   I'll miss you.

   Vee! Vee!

   Lucas . . .

   Vee?

   Twelve had finally awoken, coughing up globs of mucus—then later, he threw up as soon as he got on his side. Every part of his body ached in pain. None of his limbs had been left to rest but he'd hadn't expected them too. After he'd pushed him self farther than he'd ever had before . . . he thought he would die.

But obviously, he hadn't.

Slowly, he pulled himself up, his body all sore. Dirt filled his blue overalls and the bandanna on his head had black blood stains all over it. He turned to his right and saw El laying limp on the floor, immediately he went down with her and tried shake her awake.

"El," his weak voice tried to sound urgent. "El. Wake up. El?"

   The girl didn't wake up. "El? Please . . . El?"

   Suddenly her eyes snapped open and she coughed up a large amount of mucus before standing up, with the help of Vee. They both finally got up with each other and looked around the area they were in—oddly enough, they hadn't been in Hawkins anymore.

   They were in the Upside Down.

   His heart started to beat rather violently against his ribcage—disbelief triggered his features. Did they really do this to themselves? How did they get here? How are they not dead? Questions went around his mind like broken record going over and over again but he instead started to walk out the room with El.