xiii. starpuberty - I

ELEVEN MONTHS LATER

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

ELEVEN MONTHS LATER

   Time moved so quickly when Vee hadn't accounted for it like he would've. It loomed over him like a his own shadow, slowly changing and constantly moving as he tried to keep up as best as he could. Usually, he was on top of how much time went by once he and El were settled down inside of somewhere. Or just in general, but for some odd reason he had been out of it.

   Ever since him and Eleven, his fellow test subject companion, had been staying over Hopper's everything had been . . . moving slowly. And everything had been changing, like everything.

The television was on, another soap opera for El to keep her attention on for most of the day. Vee watched them sometimes too, but other times he'd wonder what was so good about them? Maybe it was the drama factor for El, cause that's what did it for him. Other than that he only watched TV for fashion shows if they showed them or maybe advertisements for clothing.

   He was big on clothing.

   Especially clothing with black women or men—it was something so therapeutic about watching them walk the runaway. Or how they wore their excessive amounts of piercings or rings. The makeup. Their nails. Just about everything.

   Even if those shows only came on every blue moon.

   Right now though, Vee was sitting on the couch. Watching the soap drama El was so infatuated with for some reason. He was interested for a moment until the drama ceased then it got boring . . . like really boring. He wondered if they were playing his shows, but El wouldn't let him see.

   "El," Vee spoke, his voice holding a calm tone. "Can I check?"

   El shook her head almost immediately, "Not over. Not yet, wait a little longer."

   Vee rolled eyes, wishing Hopper had gotten them separate televisions. So they wouldn't have to share one and miss their favorite shows. Now irritated, he got up from the couch and stomped his way to the bathroom. Creating a heatwave to shut the door behind him.

   Once it was shut, he sat on the toilet. Doing his business before he wiped and flushed.

   Once he got to the sink he started to wash his hands, realizing that they were almost out of soap. Great. He tried to tell El in her head before he remembered, that he couldn't do that anymore.

   That's when he looked in the mirror. He saw the new him—the him he had to accept.

   Vee's hair was no longer that brown color, nor was it as short as before, he had a little puff on his head. His puff of curls was now red but a dark red. Almost auburn if you wanted to be technical but Vee only knew that word from TV. His eyes were still that lime, green, color and Vee had no way of controlling them. His body was constantly in pain for no reason, as if something was changing inside, and he has started gaining splotches of light orange skin patches on his arms and one directly across his face.