15

Hey y'all! I recently watched the Dark Phoenix and this has nothing to do with that, I didn't even know it existed up until last week. Anyway, let's get started!!

*3 weeks later*

I'm familiar with everyone's names now. That's a good thing, right? Peters somewhat fun, he's my age so Stark won't let us be alone, even though I never hid the fact that I'm not interested.

Wanda's pretty hot, but also illegal.

I promise that's not all I focused on!

I've been laying in my bed for the past hour, staring at the ceiling. My suit was complete, but I haven't gone out yet. It'll be a while, they said. They don't get missions every day, y'know?

So here I am, turning the ceiling into a blank canvas as I paint my thoughts.

I don't get it.... Why do they need me? I mean, apparently I've gotten stronger, faster, and beat pretty much everyone in a fight, but... that means they need to train more, doesn't it? What's the point of me winning against them every time, when I don't know how strong the enemy is?

My hair got longer and I decided to chop it off, up to my shoulders. It barely brushes them when I turn my head now.

Oh, how schools would freak if I showed my shoulders, 'cause bones are just so attractive, right?

I kinda miss school. But what I don't understand; how are there people here that I knew back in school, and... and they're suddenly older? I was only gone for a few years, and I'm...

Wait, I'm 19!

Wanda isn't illegal!

But she's with Vision.

That's besides the point! How did everyone age like ten years and I'm still down here at 19?! Wasn't I taken when I was.... 15? 16?

I hate this!

There was a knock on the door before I heard it open.

"I didn't say you could come in," I mumbled, staring at the ceiling. Everyone knocks the same here, so I have to go by the footsteps, but I wasn't listening.

"Oh, sorry, I just..." it's Peter, for the fifth time today. What time is it? "Mr. Stark says dinner will be ready in a few minutes."

"What is it?"

"It's just lasagna, but he wants you to come eat anyway,"

"Why?" It was more of a rhetorical question, but I preferred the answer "I don't know" over any others that he had.

"Uh- if I'm right, you haven't eaten in.... four days,"

I stayed silent. Four days, how pathetic? I've gone longer, and I can do it again.

"Why are you counting?" When I shift in my bed, I notice my hand is on my chest. I guess one of the senses had left while I was daydreaming about her. I didn't have to check what was in my hand to recognize the shape of the warm metal.

I could tell Peters face was red from here. He's always embarrassed so easily. "I- I'm not, I... I was just-! Come down, please. Mr. Stark would like to see you."

"Why?" I regret asking. I don't care. I don't want to be here. Yeah, it's better than living on the street, but people are always coming in and telling me to do some random crap like eat! Who even does that anymore?

Peter shuffled in the doorway and then the floor creaked as he came closer. I closed my eyes, tightening my grip on the charm. Go away!

"This is about her, isn't it?"

It's none of your fucking business, you little spider! But I could never say that to him. I felt my breath leave my body shaking as I opened my eyes. "Of course,"

"Mr. Stark-"

"Stark told me to move on! I'm not listening to what he says!" I opened my eyes, the light flashing in them. I had gotten used to the darkness of my eyelids. I preferred it there.

Alone, in the darkness.

But now I'm fire, and I draw everyone in.

Explains pretty well how much I hate myself, huh?

"I'm sorry, Bel. Please, I... we miss you. All of us."

"No."

"Don't make me do it," I heard him whisper. I opened my eyes and turned my head towards him. Whatever he was going to "do", it wouldn't work. Unless he can reverse this curse, whatever those morons did to my DNA to make me some villain, then there's nothing he can do.

"Leave," I demanded, hardening my glare. He blinked away a spec of fear before he lowered his eyebrows. Before another second on a clock could tick, his hand flew out and a web spring from his wrist, attaching itself to mine and pulling it back. I didn't have time to let go of the charm and I heard a small pop.

His eyes widened and I looked down, my arm strained to where the veins were popping out, a broken chain hanging out of my closed fist.

He's not getting away with this.

"Look what you did!" I yell, opening my hand. "Look what you fucking did! Were you thinking straight?!" I clamp my hand around it again and slid off my bed. He didn't dare try hiding his fear this time, and I fed off of it. I took every step closer until he was backed against the wall.

"Stay the hell away from me! Do you understand? They want to see me, then they're seeing this!" I point to myself. It's obvious I'm overreacting, but it's a little late to stop myself now. "Leave me room, and if anyone ever brings her up again, I will off all of you!"

He nodded rapidly. A tear rolled down his cheek and I almost stopped myself to apologize.

Almost.

In seconds, he was gone again. And I was in the dark, where I liked it. But I wasn't alone.

Something was there, watching me. A wall I've built between me and everyone.

Why am I like this? Did I do this to myself? Have I brought all of this upon myself? Or was it done to me?

With the little light remaining in the room, it glinted off the golden charm, offering it a thin, dull outline. I slid it off the broken chain.

I take it in both hands, pressing my thumbs to my lips.

I never got to have true conversations with her.

To tell her how I truly felt.

To tell her goodbye.

Before they murdered her.

Hot tears escaped my eyes, my shoulders shaking. My knees hit the ground.

They're going to pay for this.