24

Kid you not I had a class while the other grades go to lunch bc we don't all fit and my friend and I switched phones, I read her story and she read mine and she really turned the screen where it said "Bela Stark?" and said "I was reading fast [and she's dyslexic] and I read that as Baby Shark"

And to warn you there will NOT be smut in this story. Sorry but that's just too embarrassing for me, y'all can't imagine how many times I've wanted to delete the last chapter of smut I wrote 🤡

(Like 2 weeks later?)

Sorry for so many updates but someone I've known practically my entire life (since I was like 4?) (I'm almost 15 btw) his mom passed today and right after he was having fun at a dance and I'm just trying to help him, his cousin, and his girlfriend (his cousin and girlfriend are two of my BEST friends)

~~

When I open my eyes, I'm back under the roof of Jo's room. I sat up, my shoulder being shoved back down. I look over to see Nori.

I could hear my pulse in and feel my heart pounding. "Where's Nat?" I shove their hand off me and throw the blanket off. "Where is she? I saw her, she was there-"

"Bel..." Nori stood in front of me, holding their hands out to stop me. "You were bleeding. A lot. You were on the brink of death, Jo brought you back, she saved your life. I thought- Didn't you say Nat was dead?"

"I saw her! She can't be dead, she was there!"

"I... I think you might been-"

"If you say I was hallucinating the feeling of my head in her lap, her smile, if you say that wasn't real-"

"I don't think it could be, Bela."

"No! It has to be!" I moved to run out of the room but Nori jumped in front of me. I scolded at them, creeping closer. "I just killed the Avengers, including my best friend, don't test me right now."

"You're not stable."

"I'm fine!"

Nori shook their head slowly. My vision tilted sideways and my throat went dry. I stumbled forward as I walked, wrapping my arms around Nori to help me up. "I just want to see Nat again," my voice cracked as I buried my face in their neck.

I felt their hand move across my back, holding me. Whether they knew if I was holding myself upright or not- I don't know. Or care. "I know you do," they whispered, "I know."

I felt my shoulders shaking. I'm weak, I reminded myself. I can't do this.

"I don't wanna be here any more,"

They led me back to the bed, whispering in my ear, "Stay."

I tried to blink away the tears. I noticed how bruises were bloomed among the cuts and scrapes along my arms, nearly covering me. I pulled back, looking down at the rest of me. God, they're everywhere.

I nearly fell when I stumbled into the bed, sitting on it. I pressed on some of the purple bruises, waiting for the pinch of pain to drain through me.

Nori put a hand on my wrist to stop me. "Rest a bit more. You need it."

I didn't answer them. Instead, I let them push me back until me head was resting on the pillow. I grabbed their hand, squeezing it while I stared at the ceiling. I felt tears pricking at my eyes again and I sniffed.

"Do you want some soup first?"

I heard them, I'm not deaf. But I gave no implications that I'd ever registered they'd spoken. The squeezed my hand before letting it fall over the edge of the bed and closed the door behind them.

Maybe the soup being sat beside me was a dream. Maybe a familiar voice saying "here if you need me" was a dream. Maybe shooting up a school was a dream.

Maybe I never left my house.

I just need to wake up.

I wish I could.

I don't want to be here.

I don't want to be alive.

From the sound of it, the bowl of soup was glass. It clicked when set down. I could break it and use one of the pieces.

Now that I think about it...

Those weren't Nori's footsteps. That wasn't Nori's voice.

Someone else is in this house.

Shut the fuck up, I rolled my eyes and sat up, dragging the soup into my lap. I downed it, a small amount of heat remnants floating around in the air, emanating off the soup. It was Nori. You're just half dead.

But should be entirely dead.

Weak.

Useless.

Terrible fighter.

Sociopath.

Psychopath.

Murderer.

You'll never be good enough.

You're the reason she's gone.

You're the reason he's gone.

You're the reason they're all gone.

"Shut the fuck up!" I threw the spoon at the wall. It clattered to the ground, soup splattered on the the wall and carpet floor. I could feel my heartbeat pounding in my chest, I could hear it in my ears. "Shut the fuck up!" I repeated, covering my ears.

You can't get rid of your thoughts, weakling.

I set the bowl aside on the small table, the remains sloshing to the side, some spilling out. I ignored it and threw open the door. I walked down the dark hall and could hear the tv in the living room, along with hushed talking between Nori and who I assumed as Jo.

I've never seen her, I realize. Does she really look like a Jo? What's her real name? Did Nori guess right?

I found the corner. The strangers back is facing me, looking at Nori. They acknowledge my existence, but I keep my eyes on the stranger on the couch.

She had short white hair, straight with little dark streaks running through it at random areas. Slowly, she turned her head towards me, smiling as she did so.

I almost dropped dead where I stand. I know my jaw did.

"Long time no see," Nat grinned.

Have y'all watched Venom 2?? I did!! Man, it's so good! But #1 natxreader ARE YOU KIDDING??? I KNOW ITS OUT OF 42 STORIES BUT TYYYY!!!!