26

Y'ALL PLEASE TEXT ME *PRIVATELY* ABOUT QUOTES / SCENES YOU'D LIKE TO SEE IN THE WANDA FIC. NAMES AND CHAPTER TITLES (OR THE STORY TITLE) ARE AVAILABLE FOR RECOMMENDATIONS!!! IF SOMEONE WOULD LIKE TO GIVE ME IDEAS FOR A COVER (WHICH WHAT AND THE TITLE WOULD PROBABLY DEPEND ON THE STORY) THAT'D BE GREAT!

NOTE: I WILL NOT BE USING EVERYTHING I RECEIVE, IF I AM TO RECEIVE ANYTHING.

NOTE 2: FINAL CHAPTER ALERT!
____

Nori pulled up a chair and took a seat across from us. If Nat minded at all, she didn't express anything. I sure didn't mind, but I kept my mouth shut in case I said something wrong. Which, apparently, I tend to do.

"They're looking for you," they said, handing us our mugs. I took a sip, ignoring the way the hot liquid absolutely scorched my throat. I held some of the marshmallows in my mouth, letting them melt for a moment before swallowing them.

"Don't care," I sipped it again, "what are they gonna do about it? Catch us?"

Nori shrugged. Nat let out a small chuckle and her body shook a little against mine. I smiled at the movement. It's so weird now, after all this time.

We all sat there, thinking about our own things. My mind jumped from subject to subject.

*1 month later*

Nat ran down the stairs with a giddy smile. I was sitting in the basement, looking over blueprints with Nori. Nothing special, we just wanted to see if we could figure out how to break into the highest security prison.

She dropped a notebook on the table in front of me. It was closed, but by the wearing on the edges, she'd definitely used it a lot.

"What are you so happy about?" I asked as she leaned down to kiss me. She waited until after our faces broke connection to finally say something.

She spoke in a tone I'd never heard before; I haven't seen pure happiness in forever. "Everything is in there, and it's possible. All of it. We won't have to hide anymore."

I opened the book and began reading.

*hehe sorry but 1 year later*

I grabbed my bag and hooked it over my shoulder. The wing blew through my hair, almost knocking my hat off. It looked ridiculous, but Nat liked it. To the side, I could see the wind flowing elegantly through her bright orange hair. I'd told her to let it go back to the original color, and she said she'd been waiting for me to say so.

Nori was on the other side of me, dragging a wagon through the sand. The wheels didn't turn, so there was really no reason for them at the moment. I peered through my sunglasses at the sun, which was high in the sky.

Nat looked over at me with a smile. She took my hand, weaving her fingers through mine. She giggled and pulled me away. I heard Nori sigh, but not in a negative way. I followed where Nat took me, to the edge of the water.

Icy salt water licked my toes and I wanted to jump back, but I calmly stood there, looking my arm over Nat's shoulders. I didn't care that there were other people around, I kissed her hard. Nori set out towels in the sand behind us, collecting rocks for the corners.

Looking over the Pacific, there was nothing else in sight unto the horizon, a straight line that separated the palette of blues. The long skirt I wore brushed against my legs, while Nat was wearing distressed shorts and a cropped yellow flannel that tied in the middle. My hair was getting longer, as hair does.

I like my life now. Out here, as far west in the United States I can be. In the heat, and without worry of being found. I've changed nearly everything about myself, Nat didn't have to change, neither did Nori. But they did, for me. We've got a puppy at home, where we all live together. His name is Peter, and he's a chocolate lab. Despite there being an extra bedroom, Nat and I share a bed. None of us have murdered anyone, we haven't been caught, trialed, or even spared a second glance by any authorities. Though, we still did find loads of fun in our home-made games- could we break in, and how?

We took a seat on the ends of our towels, burying our toes in the sand. I twirled the golden band around Nat's finger. "I love you."

She kissed my cheek and turned back to the California ocean before she smiled contentedly. "I love you too, Aelin."

I rested my head against her shoulder and watched the waves crash against the sand. I'd taken my moms name, first and last. Maybe I'd see my parents again one day, present them my wife. I wonder how they've been the past five or six years, and how they'd react if they saw me now.

Aelin Starr. William Handser. I'd done my bit of research, and the only thing between us now is a stretch of land.

We'll see, I told myself, we'll go back someday. All of us.

And that's the end! I'm so sorry for finally ending it, I'd honestly write this forever, and now I have any of my 20 other drafts to work on, but I'll probably start (and finish) the Wanda story before ever working on anything else.