Poplar x female reader

As a child you and Ash hung out a lot. He was a year older than you. He's your childhood best friend. You wish you could say the same about his brother Poplar though.
Poplar was your age and extremely shy. Everytime you'd go near him he'd just.. Get quiet. His eyes wide behind his glasses. You being 6 years old thought he hated you, so you kept your distance so you wouldn't make him uncomfortable. By the time you turned 8 Poplar was able to finally talk to you. It turned out he didn't hate you. Quite the Contrary Actually. He kind of thought you were too cool for him to be around. After that Poplar, Ash and yourself hung out a lot more.
You and Poplar were 9, and Ash had just turned 10. You 3 sat outside playing. When Poplar and Ash's dad ran out of their house in a panic.

Poplar & ash dad: "Ashley, Poplar. Come inside now."
Poplar: "Huh? Okay!"
Ash: "Alright...?"

The boys told you goodbye for the night.
And that was the last you ever heard from them.
Well, so you thought.

You see. You had just moved to a new Neighborhood. Having just Turned 19. You were setting your house up. Having just brought all your items inside. There was a knock on your door. You realized no one knew your location yet. You walked to the door and cracked the door open, peeking out. A small looking skeleton stood there, he had a blue bandana around his neck and a yellow sweater, as well as a Jacket with a cool design on it.

Blue: "Hey! I'm Blue! I thought Since I'm one of your neighbors I should say hello!"
Y/n: "Oh um.. Thank you?"
You cautiously opened the door more,
Blue: "Y'know, I was wondering if you'd like to come over? I have 8 cousins and a Brother over there!"
You blinked in disbelief.. That made 10 skeletons in the house beside yours! Jeez no wonder it was so big.
Y/n: "Um sure?"

Blue excitedly grabbed your wrist and took you over to his house.
You probably wouldn't be exaggerating if you said that this house was HUGE. You ended up meeting Stretch, Nox, Rus, Sans , Boss and Papyrus. You knew that this probably wasn't the whole family but you needed to head back. Luckily Everyone understood.
As you walked over to your house you saw another skeleton doing the lawn. You decided it wouldn't hurt to talk to another skeleton. He was slightly bigger than Sans and he had a Gardening hat and an eyepatch.

Y/n: "Heya!"
He flinched and turned around. You flinched at him flinching.
Y/n: "Haha sorry! I just wanted to introdouce myself! I'm uh [y/n]!"
???: "[Y../N]..?"
His voice was deep and slow. Yet familiar.
Y/n: "Yeah! You are?"
Ash: "... You can call me Ash.."

It took a second for you to process what he said but once it did it hit you like a truck.

Y/n: "Ashley?!"
His eyes widened in surprise.
Ash: "...oh shit...."
He chuckled.
Ash: "Heh heh... It really.. Is you huh?"
Y/n: "Oh my gosh! How have you been!? You guys just dissapeared!"
The look in his eyes went back to sad.
Ash: "Poplar.. Could probably explain better than me."

He took you inside the house. He hesitated but took off the hat and eyepatch. Revealing the giant hole in his head making you gasp lightly. Luckily he didn't seem to notice.

He took you upstairs. And took you to a bedroom. The door was shut. Many macaroni crafts covered the door. He opened the door. And you saw Poplar sitting on his bed. He quietly read a book. A cane sat at the end of his bed. He must have had a very big growth spurt because he was very tall. Upon looking closer his bones looked significantly more fragile than the other skeletons and even from when he was younger.
Ash: "Poplar.."
He looked up at you two. His eyes widened in surprise. He smiled. Poplar: "[Y/N]??"
You nodded. And walked over.

Y/n: "Yeah it's me."
Poplar: "Are you alright?"

It took you a moment to realize you were crying.

Y/n: "Oh uh yeah! Just happy to see you!"
He smiled and hugged you.
Poplar: "I'm glad you're here too!!"
~The end~
736 words

Poplar: "I'm glad you're here too!!"~The end~736 words