01 || ON THE LOOSE

The Hogwarts halls are eerily quiet as Lyra Malfoy hurriedly walks through them. She keeps her eyes focused straight ahead in search of any wandering students. Any other night Lyra would have been strolling around the castle enjoying the silence that the night provides. But this isn't any other night, not when the Headmaster has ordered all students to spend the night in the Great Hall.

Her steps quicken when a shiver runs down her back. It's like someone's watching her. Lyra doesn't dare to look back, afraid of what, or rather who, she might find.

With her wand tightly held on her palm, she pushes through, hoping to get to the Great Hall as soon as possible. The last thing she wants is to be murdered by a psychotic cousin. Lyra hears footsteps coming from behind, which forces her to glance back to check if it's another prefect.

No one is there.

The hallway is empty and unusually dark. With a shaky breath, Lyra keeps walking, almost running at this point. All she wants is to be inside the walls of the Great Hall, where Dumbledore and the professors can take care of any possible threat.

Suddenly, a scream and a 'thump' echo from the next hallway, and against all reason, Lyra runs towards the source of the noise. It could be a younger student who is in danger. That's what she tries telling herself, at least. After all, it's her responsibility as a prefect.

What she finds is a boy sprawled on the stone floor. Assessing there is no threat, she slowly approaches him. "Are you okay?" She calls out to the student. The boy doesn't respond, unconscious from hitting his head on the stone floor.

A redhead of hair stands out, though. "Of course, it's a bloody Weasley getting in trouble," she mumbles under her breath. They are always in the mess of everything. She debates turning on her heels and leaving him there. She's sure no one will miss if one of them goes missing. There are so many of them! She won't. 

Lyra's conscience is too loud, though, and tells her to turn back around and help him. She'll be the bad guy if anyone finds out she saw him and didn't help him. Being a Slytherin and a Malfoy, she's sure people will eat that up instantly. The rivalry between their families does not help either.

Kneeling beside him, she checks that he is breathing, which calms her down the tiniest bit. She can see no apparent injury on him, so she tries shaking him to wake him up.

"Weasley, can you hear me?" She asks, shaking him once more.

"I can't remember which one you are," She mutters, lightly slapping his cheek. "Is it Graham, Griffin, Grant? Wait, what if he's the other one?" At this point, she's just rambling as she keeps trying to wake him up.

It's strange to see a Weasley twin alone, making her wonder where the other one is. Those two are inseparable. When you see one, the other one must surely be around. If you're lucky, you can spot a pack of Weasleys traveling together. She swears there are so many of them, it's hard not to spot them.

Snapping her out of her thoughts, Weasley's skin begins glowing. The blonde stumbles back, landing on her ass as she scurries away. It shines so brightly she has to squint. Yeah, maybe she should've left the moment she had the chance.

The girl's heart jumps out of her chest when what appears to be a ghost comes out of Weasley's body and lunges at her. A shrill escapes Lyra's lips as she stands up and runs in the direction of the Great Hall.

She looks over her shoulder only to see the evil ghost is still after her. That is a mistake as she crashes against a body. The mysterious man she swears is Sirius Black holds her by her arms and forces her to drop her wand. She screams and thrashes against the person's hold as the ghost gets closer and closer.