28|| DRAGONS AND BROTHERS

Deep in the Hogwarts castle, in a broom closet that is barely used nowadays hide Lyra Malfoy and George Weasley. Something is poking Lyra's back that she gladly ignores as she snogs George. His fingers are tangled in her platinum blonde hair while she pulls him closer by his uniform jumper. Despite knowing better, she's completely unguarded. The noise coming from the hall does nothing to stop the pair.

Lyra is not quite sure how she ended up here. One moment she's in the library enjoying her free period with a book and some quiet; the next, George is dragging her up the stairs to the broom closet. They rarely did these types of things in the middle of the day. It's too risky, yet here they were. The longer they spent together, the more daring and careless they got.

A sudden bang forces them apart as they turn towards the door. It remains locked. A student must've bumped into it while switching classes. With a single glance at George, she knows her lips must be swollen and red, just like his.

Lyra bites her lip as she stares up at her handsome boyfriend. He shoots her a cute crooked smile while brushing her hair with his fingers, taming the mess he made. Recently they've been acting a lot more lovingly and touching than before. The shyness of a new relationship quickly vanishing.

"I should go," Lyra whispers, afraid to disturb the previous silence.

In about 15 minutes, she has Transfiguration, but she has to use the loo to ensure she doesn't look like she's been snogging George. Her friends will be quick to notice the state she's in if she doesn't, and they won't let her live it down. Granted, they would think she has been sneaking around Hogwarts with Lorenzo. Poor bloke is stuck in the giant Beauxbatons carriage taking his classes.

"You should stay. Skip Transfiguration," George tries to convince her, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I can't. I have an assignment to turn in," she replies with an apologetic smile. Even if she didn't, she probably wouldn't cut class. She's too much of a teacher's pet and likes to take her class seriously. Not that she'd tell George.

"After all I did for you," he sighs dramatically, shaking his head disapprovingly.

Her boyfriend had been too bored at Care of Magical Creatures and used the excuse of needing to use the loo to escape. George says he did need to use the bathroom but then decided to take a detour. Whichever reason may be, it all lead him to a broom closet on the sixth floor and not back at the grounds learning about thersals.

"I never forced you to skip Care of Magical Creatures," Lyra says pointedly, fixing his red and gold tie. "If I recall correctly, you dragged me here while I innocently studied in the library."

"Innocently? Says the one sending me inappropriate little notes," George exclaims indignantly, causing Lyra to silence him.

That part is true. While Lyra was in the library, she scribbled little notes and sent them to George. They would appear inside his Care of Magical Creatures book with a simple spell. They left George with a red face and a fidgety stance. Slamming the book shut, he asked Hagrid for permission to return to the castle and almost ran out of the forest.

"Two more minutes?" He begs with hopeful eyes. Lyra grabs her wrist to look at her watch and reluctantly nods with a sigh. She'll be late to class, but it'll also guarantee there won't be any people in the hallway. She can make up an excuse for McGonagall, who has no reason to doubt her.

Wasting no time, George presses his lips with hers, and Lyra giggles with delight. Her hands rest on his cheeks as he nips at her bottom lip. For once, George is glad Lyra is on the taller side, or else he'd have neck and back pain by now. Feeling playful, Lyra grabs one of the hands that grip her waist and lowers it down to her bottom.