14 || THE DEAL RESOLUTION

On a cold February night, Lyra sits on one of the couches by the fireplace in the common room. She's reading a book about ancient magic with her feet on Adrian's lap, who is busy talking to Marcus.

Lyra is resting before she has to go on patrol now that she's been reinstituted as prefect of the Slytherin house. On the first day back at the castle, she was called into the headmaster's office, where Dumbledore and Snape gave her the good news. She acted surprised, as her mother had already told her, but she was happy nonetheless. Professor Snape had pulled her to the side to give her a strict warning of not attacking more students because 'next time he won't be able to help.

With her life back in order, she's been happier and chirper. Her grades are as excellent, she's been studying for her N.E.W.T.S., and she's spending a lot of time with her friends and her new boyfriend. Adrian and Lyra have been dating for a month now, and while at first, they had to get used to being more than friends, they've gotten the hang of it.

Adrian has become more attentive towards her and sweeter. His shyness has dissipated a lot making him bolder and flirtier, which she enjoys. Per her father's orders, Draco has also been around them more, 'keeping an eye on things.' She had to confront her brother about his behavior when it got to the point where he would sit in between the couple. Lyra did not expect him to admit that it was his duty as her brother to make sure there was no funny business. After talking to him, he toned it down a lot, but that's because Draco gave Adrian a strong warning of what will happen if he hurts her.

Lyra's peace is disrupted when Daphne and Patrica walk into the common room and sit on one of the other couches.

"Lyra, can you give detention to two people for being disruptive?" Patricia asks sweetly.

Lyra keeps her eyes on the pages of her book, disinterested in her friends question, "Perhaps, who are we talking about?"

"The mudblood and Wealey are fighting nonsense. Something to do with a rat, bloke just stormed into the library picking a fight," Daphne huffs, crossing her arms over her chest. Both girls were studying in the library when Ron Weasley started a fight with Hermione Granger that not even Madam Pince could break up.

"Now, Daphne, you know we don't say those ugly words," the blonde says with a smirk.

"Which one, mudblood or Weasley?" She repeats, eliciting a laugh from the Slytherins around the fireplace.

"The first one but the other one is a close second. It's not ladylike," Lyra smiles in amusement. Out of her small group of friends, Daphne is the only one that would come up with something that mean.

"Fine, mother," she scoffs with a roll of her eyes, yet the grin on her face betrays her.

"So, detention?" Patricia insists again. She's panicking on the inside that her study session was cut short. The N.E.W.T.S. have made her a nervous wreck. Patricia is intelligent but feels a lot of pressure from her family to do well on her exams.

"I might give it to you two for disrupting me," Lyra fakes a smile, slamming her book shut.

"Now, darling, play nice," Adrian says in a soothing voice while stroking one of her legs resting in his lap.

"Don't tell me what to do, or you'll join them," she tells him with an edge in her voice.

Lyra stares at him with an eyebrow raised, and with a cough, he mutters, "Apologies, I'm afraid I'm of no help."

"Good, now if you lot excuse me, I have to go," Lyra mentions, standing from the couch with a stretch and throwing her book on the coffee table.

"Where are you heading, darling?" Adrian questions curiously.