25|| QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP

The day of the Quidditch World Cup arrives after much anticipation. Much to her father's surprise, Lyra is excited to go. He almost eyes her in suspicion. She's never been a fan of quidditch, which hasn't changed, but she'll see her friends today and hopefully George too. In the last letter they exchanged, he wrote he would also be attending.

She's excited and nervous at the same time. If George's whole family is going, she fears Lucius and Arthur bumping into each other. The last time they did, it ended in an embarrassing fight in Flourish and Blotts. Lyra fears one of her father's doings will cause George's feelings to change.  

Spending time with Enzo this summer helped her a lot with her decision. She should be out having fun and spending time with people she wants to be with, and that's George for her. The reality is that their relationship will never truly bloom into anything else, and that's okay as long as they enjoy the time they spend together. No one needs to know it'll be their secret alone.

That afternoon Lyra prepares for the Quidditch World Cup. Unlike many people in the wizarding community, she won't be camping overnight. Her father has arranged a portkey to take them to and from the stadium. Nonetheless, the Malfoy's have a tent near the ministers to rest in before the game begins and after it's done.

"Now, kids, we will be in the Minister's box. I expect you both to be on your best behavior," Lucius tells both of his children, his gaze focusing on Draco. The blonde boy is always the one getting in some sort of trouble. Lucius would blame his sharp tongue, but he would also need to take the blame to do that.

Lyra and Draco both nod and acknowledge their father's words. Soon they grab onto the portkey near their home's gates and are transported to their tent near the stadium.

"Mother, father, I'm going to find Daphne," Lyra tells her parents, exiting the tent minutes later.

"Alright, dear, be careful," Narcissa says, fuzzing over Draco, who is learning how to land after using a portkey.

Daphne sent Lyra directions the week before on where her family's tent was located. She had been enthusiastic about learning that Lyra would join her, considering neither Gemma nor Patricia would be attending the game. Now, she wouldn't have to spend most of her time with the boys and her little sister.

It's hard for Lyra to find the tent since there are hundreds clustered together. She navigates through the crowd carefully, keeping an eye out for her dark-haired friend. From a distance, she sees the infamous Golden Trio. It is safe to assume that George and his family have arrived.

"Lyra!" A voice she recognizes calls her. She follows it to find Daphne walking and waving in her direction.

"There you are!" Lyra exclaims, thrilled to have found Daphne.

"I'm so happy you're here!" Daphne hugs her tight, "Come, Marcus and Adrian are in the tent already."

Like many of the tents around the stadium, Daphne's looks deceivingly small and simple on the outside. On the inside, though, it is vast with grand decorations and furniture. Daphne informs Lyra that her parents are taking her sister on a walk to buy her merchandise from the Irish team.

"Patricia is going to be so upset she's not here," Lyra lightly laughs, mentioning her friend.

Patricia has spent the whole summer without seeing Marcus. In her letters, she always mentions she misses him and can't wait for Hogwarts to start so they can be together again. Lyra is glad that her thing with George hasn't started yet because she's afraid that once it does, she'll turn into another version of her friend.

"She'll get over it," Daphne waves her off. Unlike her two friends, who are so involved with guys, Daphne is perfectly fine being by herself. She loves drama, just not any that comes from her.