22|| REMINISCING ON THE PAST

"Draco, hurry up!" Lyra calls out to her brother through the dressing room's curtains.

Their mother had sent Draco and Lyra to the shops to get a new wardrobe for the summer. Lyra's election consisted of beautiful summer dresses and a few skirts and blouses. As soon as she walked into the store, she gravitated towards the pieces that spoke to her. Draco, on the other hand, took his time going through the -limited- selection, judging every piece with a nod or a shake of his head.

While the seamstress measures Draco's growing figure, Lyra paces outside. They've been at the shop for hours, and she's desperate to go home and rest. They've been back from Hogwarts for three days, and their mother has them running from place to place in preparation for their trip to France. It's unnecessary, considering they can get whatever they want over there. In fact, Lyra has many plans to see what wizarding France has to offer in terms of fashion.

Into the shop enters a familiar-looking woman; Lyra's eyes don't stray from her, deciphering who she is. The woman tells the clerk about her order as he disappears to the back in search of it.

"Afternoon," the brunette woman smiles at Lyra.

"Good afternoon," Lyra reciprocates.

"What do you think of this one, Lyra?" Draco asks, swaggering out of the fitting room.

"It's black...like all your other suits," his sister says in disbelief, then she gasps, "You've been here for hours, and you picked another black suit?"

"Yes, but they are all different styles," Draco defends himself.

"Let me tell you something, Draco Malfoy. You are going back inside and picking three suits, all different colors, no blacks or greys!" Whining over his sister's instruction, the blonde boy dramatically closes the curtain.

It's hard to miss the woman's amusement over the whole scene they've caused. Lyra's patience with her brother has run thin for today. To make matters worse, she's getting hungry, giving Draco a half-hour window before she gets furious.

"I don't get it," Lyra rants, "Why is it so hard to pick something different?"

"Men are like that. They find something they like and stick with it," the mysterious woman tells her.

"I should tell him he doesn't look as good as he thinks," Lyra grins at the woman.

"Excuse me, what?" Draco exclaims, opening the curtain again. This time he's wearing a light blue suit. It fits his complexion beautifully.

"I said you look good. You're taking that one. You look handsome in it," Lyra says with a fake smile. Scoffing, he returns to the dressing room.

"Am I correct to assume that is your brother?"

Lyra nods to the lady, "Sadly, yes."

"I heard that!" Draco yells from behind the curtain.

"You seem like you get along great," the woman points out.

The unknown identity of the woman is driving Lyra crazy. She's not one of her parent's friends; she would recognize them in a heartbeat. She entertains the idea that the woman might work in the ministry.

"We really do when he's not testing my patience!" Lyra raises her voice towards the end, telling Draco to hurry up.

"Ma'am, your order," the clerk hands the woman a package wrapped with a bow.

"It was nice meeting you," she says to Lyra, "Can you give your mother my regards?"

"Oh, I hadn't realized you knew my family. I certainly will," the young witch agrees, "Do you mind if I ask your name?"