06 || POP GOES THE WEASEL

Lyra did not think much of the chocolates handed to her. She thought that Adrian was shy and sent his friend to give them to her. She thought it was a sweet gesture, so she didn't question the strong scent of chocolates because it's something she loves already.

As soon as she took a bite, though, something changed in her. She fell in love with a person she had never thought of, but in that instance it was all she could think of. Severus Snape. Lyra has always loved potions, but now she loves the man that taught the class, and she couldn't wait to get to him.

"Let's go." She urges her friends, desperate to get to class and see Snape. "It's time for potions!"

At her sudden outburst, Patricia and Daphne look at her weirdly. They've never experienced Lyra acting so excitedly in public, especially for a class. She always keeps calm.

"We'll go in a second," Patricia reassures her, "Let's wait till Daphne finishes her story."

"I'm sorry, I'm just so excited for it," she giggles, "How does my hair look?"

Lyra combs through her hair with her fingers leaving it smooth and untangled. She wants to look her best for the handsome, mysterious man waiting in the potions classroom.

"Is this all because of Adrian?" Daphne wonders, "I'm pretty sure he's already whipped for you, darling."

"Adrian? Oh, Merlin, no!" Lyra exclaims as if it was the most outrageous thing in the world, "I want to look good for Snape."

All three girls are left gaping at the words that leave Lyra's mouth. They want to believe it's a joke, but there is a seriousness to Lyra that it doesn't seem like it's the case. What changed from 5 minutes ago when they talked about Adrian and his crush on her.

"Snape is so amazing," Lyra dreamily sighs. She's in an apparent daze, not picking up on her friend's surprise.

"Lyra, are you okay?" Gemma questions, holding her arm and placing a hand on her forehead.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" Lyra shrugs her off, taking a step back from them.

"May I see the chocolates," Daphne then asks, prying the box away from Lyra without receiving an answer.

"Whatever. You can keep them," Lyra tells her, "I'm going to class."

Lyra takes off with a skip to her step, excited about seeing her favorite lovely professor. Watching her leave, the girls open the box to inspect the chocolates. All it took was a whiff of the chocolates to get an answer. It's the only explanation for her odd behavior.

"We need to stop her!" Gemma says in a panic, "Now!"

Lyra confidently and with a dreamy sigh walks to the front of the class, where she shoos away a Hufflepuff. She needs to be close to her favorite professor. Adrian finds it strange, considering she always sits beside him towards the back of the classroom, but he picks up his things and changes seats.

"Hi Lyra," he greets her with a grin.

"Hello Adrian," she responds with a small smile.

"How-"

"Shh, Adrian. Professor Snape is speaking," She interrupts him focusing solely on Snape.

"Today, you will learn-" Snape is unable to finish as a group of three girls are late to his class.

"Miss Stinson, Miss Greengrass, and Miss Farley, good for you to join us. Please, take your seats," he glares at them.

"But we-" They try to tell him the situation, but Snape interrupts them.