Chapter 25 - The Cost of Survival

For most of her life, Raven had been called the smartest person that everyone she knew had ever met. She knew she was intelligent, but that didn't necessarily mean that she used her head all the time. That was how she ended up in this prison cell. 

Apparently, it wasn't the best idea to punch the Captain of the Guard in the face. Major Byrne had been trying to pull her off of a person she had originally been beating up, and Raven was so caught up in the heat of the moment that she ended up turning on her. But she wasn't sorry for starting the fight, not when it involved Finn. 

The minute Abby addressed the situation of Finn being given to the Grounders in order to ensure peace, everyone just turned on him. They began yelling and demanding that they send him to the Grounders. Raven was disgusted by their behavior, she understood that they just wanted to survive, but to give up a teenage boy's life without a blink, was what made her blood boil. One of them even started marching to grab Finn, and she just snapped. She lunged at the person.

And here she was. Stuck in a prison cell for who knows how long. Not to mention that the former Chancellor, Thelonious Jaha, was sitting on a bench a few feet away from her. He hadn't spoken to her at all since she was thrown into the cell, he must've sensed that she was pissed off. She was pissed off, he did attempt to have her arrested just because she chose Abby and Roman's lead over his when he wasn't the Chancellor anymore. 

Suddenly she heard muffled voices coming from outside. 

An interrogation? Absolutely perfect ...

The door leading into the cell creaked open and a guard stood at the doorframe, turning towards Raven. He looked down at her with a stone-cold stare.

"Be quick," the guard said in a harsh tone. 

The door squeaked as it slid to the side. The guard that had spoken stepped into the room, his rifle hanging by his side. He looked over at Raven.

"You have a visitor."

And right on cue, Roman Kane came marching into the room. Raven straightened up in her seat, leaning her back against the wall. His eyes were sharp and alert, briefly narrowing when they fell on Jaha sitting on the other end of the room. They quickly returned to normal when he looked over at Raven.

Despite having only seen him just a few hours earlier, she was happy that he was there.

"Visiting hours already," Raven remarked, looking up at him with fond eyes. "And from a handsome prince? Now, this is a treat."

With a smile daring to cross his face, Roman chuckled softly. "My Dad said I could see you, I thought you could do with some company."

"You truly spoil me, Little Prince."

Raven gestured to a spot on the floor right by her stool. Roman walked towards her and sat on the ground. He leaned his arms on his knees and rested his chin on them.

"I assume you're going to lecture me for punching Major Byrne in the face," Raven sighed, bracing herself for what he had to say. "She was standing in my way from punching the other guy."

Roman glanced up at her from the corner of his eye.

"I'm not gonna lecture you about that, not today anyway. I don't want Finn to be given to the Grounders either."

Raven nodded solemnly, looking down at her lap. "Is he alright?"

"I had Bellamy take him to hide in my Dad's tent, I just don't know how long we'll be able to keep him there," Roman raked a hand through his dark locks. "Maybe until we figure something out. We can't just hand him over like some sort of sacrifice, that's for sure."