Chapter 32 - The Mountain Part 1

They were ready.

After days of preparing. Days of corresponding between Camp Jaha and Tondc. They were ready to march. All that was left, was the game plan.

"There are four teams, each with their own part to play," Clarke addressed the Grounder leaders.

These were people from neighboring villages that were brought together by Lexa. They needed all the help they could get, especially because half of the army in Tondc was killed by the missile. So, here they were, the chief standing before Clarke, listening to what she had to say. Lexa stood beside her, with her presence somehow managing to keep her at ease.

"Team 1 will be entering the tunnels," Clarke continued. "Cassian and Indra will be leading this team in ushering the prisoners to safety. Team 2 is already stationed at the dam to destroy the dams and cut off the power, Raven is leading this team. Team 3 has been stationed in the Mountain, with Bellamy leading our people to the mines. The fourth team will be led by Lexa and I, we'll be leading the rest of our army and standing in position at the main door. They think that the main door is impenetrable on the outside, which is why they leave it unguarded, but everything will be left disengaged once the power goes out. That's where our team four engineer comes in."

Clarke glanced sideways at Roman, who was standing at the far side of the tent. Cassian was not beside him, for he had already gone off with Indra and Octavia to the Reaper tunnels. He had an intense poker face and his arms were crossed over his chest. On the other side of his was Sergeant David Miller, Miller's father, and Monroe. Sergeant Miller proceeded to hand Roman a large sack. Roman took the sack and peered inside.

"Raven sent this, said that you asked for them," Sergeant Miller explained to him. "She said that you are the only one who knows how to activate them."

Roman nodded slowly, closing the sack and looking back at Clarke and Lexa.

"This should do the job," he said in a monotone voice. "I'll need to be close enough to plant them. Monroe will be assisting me on that part, and we'll need someone to cover us in case Mount Weather starts to suspect something."

Clarke dug her nails into the table. She was worried about Roman planting bombs, but he was one of the few people who knew how to activate him. She'd have to take the risk, but she didn't have to like it. She'd have to deal with her anxiety later.

"I can help cover you and Monroe, Mister Kane," Sergeant Miller reassured, stepping forward.

Roman nodded in appreciation. "Thank you, Sergeant. But before we can do anything, there's one last catch. Mount Weather has one of the most advanced electrical systems in the world. The main door that we have to blow up has an electromagnetic locking system. And they're bound to have a backup generator. This means that after Team 2 destroys the turbines, we only have a small window of time. We'll need to use this time to completely destroy the disengaged locks."

"How much time do you think we've got?" Clarke asked.

"One minute at the most."

"Then why can't just have Bellamy destroy the backup generator on the inside?" Sergeant Miller questioned. "That'll make things so much easier for us."

"Raven said that the backup generator is all they have left to provide safe oxygen to their citizens," Roman explained, leaning his upper body against the table with their map on it.

Clarke pursed her lips. She looked over her shoulder at Lexa, who was also looking down at her with her vibrant green eyes. There was an unspoken conversation between them. She knew what the plan was. Lexa knew what the plan was. And Clarke made it clear in her stare that they could not stray from the plan.