9

Jason's POV

She's been in there for hours now...I'm really worried about her. Maybe I should have just kept it to myself. After I told her she seemed fine, she finished helping me, I put my clothes back on but after I left the bathroom she locked herself in! I know she's probably hurting a lot...my mom and y/n were so close. I gently knocked on the door but all I was met with was the sound of quiet crying. My heart broke. I understand she's upset but I want to be with her, I don't want her to be alone like I was. Eventually y/n's crying stopped... completely.

(Self Harm trigger warning)
I knocked again but nothing. A scary idea popped into my head. I remember while I was stitching her arm up from when I accidentally cut her with my machete, she had cuts already there! Deep ones too...which I also cleaned. The gears in my head started to turn. I tried to speak but it just ended up sounding like grunting. I knocked with more urgency but when I still didn't get a response I barged in to see y/n on the floor. Her wrists were cut up and she was losing blood and fast!

I quickly picked her up and ran to the kitchen. I went through the cabinets and found a first aid kit I had lying around. Immediately I pulled out gauze and bandages with lots of alcohol. I dumped the whole bottle on her wounds but nothing...not even a flinch. I placed a finger on her neck checking for a pulse. There was one but very faint. I cleaned her hands and patched her up. She looked better so as carefully as I possibly could I picked her up carrying her to her bed. At this point I was hysterical! I just got her back and now I'm going to lose her again?!

The chair in the corner was calling my name. I sat down laying my face in my hands exhausted. Despite what happened I was so tired, I moved my chair to her bedside holding her cold small soft hand in my large callused one. Laying my head on the bed I gently rubbed my thumb over her knuckles like back when we were kids. Soon I fell asleep falling into a dreamless sleep.

Y/n's POV

Pam...is gone? No. Nonono! That's impossible! How?! Why?! I-I I don't... I put on a smiling facade but when Jason dressed up and left I locked the door after him. Words cannot describe the absolute heartbreak I was experiencing. Jason tried to come in to cheer me up, I just couldn't...my chest tightened in the worst way possible. I didn't know how to cope. That was always my problem. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a piece of broken glass. Grabbing it I held it tight in my hand.

(S/H trigger warning)

I sighed dragging the shard straight up my arm. I couldn't think. I couldn't feel. Nothing. Jason wasn't even a thought in my mind. The blood rushed out of my arm quickly making me feel sick and dizzy. Until I closed my eyes feeling myself floating. I felt so...at peace. When I opened my eyes Pamela was there. Tears filled my eyes as I ran to hug her but was disappointed when I phased through her. I turned back to look and saw me? It was when I was younger with Pam. It was the first time we met.

It was as if I was in a memory art gallery! It was all there! Me, pam, and...Jason. As I walked down the long line I grew sadder and sadder. Eventually I reached a memory I've never seen before! It was of Jason and me? I was laying down on a countertop, he was scattering trying to find ways to keep me alive. My stupid self smiled at him. I wiped my tears as I watched him struggle. Suddenly I felt a familiar hand on my shoulder... "P-pam?" Her smile warmed me right up. She didn't say anything but her silence held meaning.

Pam held my hand pointing to the memory. All she said as she let go of my hand now walking away was, "Take care of my sweet boy for me, Y/n..." I wanted to run after her and tell her I wanted to stay but I took another look at the poor Jason trying so hard to keep me alive. I stepped towards the memory and now I was back in my room. Well the room Jason gave me. My eyes fluttered open slowly, the bright light was hurting my eyes. I looked to my side to see Jason fast asleep next to me.

His thumb was rubbing over my knuckles. Though my arms hurt like a fucking bitch I lightly ran my fingers against his head. Jason started to stir slowly sitting up. "Jason?" I muttered weakly. He literally jumped 30 feet in the air. I could tell he was trying so hard not to hurt me with a tight hug, he ended up just holding my hand. I looked at him with "sorry" etched in my eyes. Jason held my cheek in his hand. His hands were so...warm? Which was weird. His hands were always cold and clammy.

I raised my hands and lifted Jason's mask to reveal his mouth. I ran my thumb over his lips, leaned forward and kissed him. I felt him tense just like he did when we were kids. "I love you" I whispered after we separated. Staring into his eyes I almost saw stars in them. For the first time in a long time I got to see his sweet smile. He tried hard to talk but it sounded so foreign.  I guess that's what happens when you don't talk to people for God knows how long. "I-I lov-ey yoo-u too" Jason pulled his mask back down. Consciousness began to fade and I fell into a deep sleep.