GABRIELLA: Chapter 2

"Where are those my scrunchies?" I said to myself feeling devastated.

Ugh, scrunchies, they always get lost somehow.

I pulled my hair into a ponytail and laid my edges. I picked up a pair of denim jeans and a beautiful black floral top with flared sleeves matched with my blue sneakers which I bought from Adidas.
I went downstairs in a hurry to avoid going late on my first day of school.

"Gabby, come get your lunch!" echoed mum from the kitchen.
I picked up my phone and bag from the bed and headed downstairs.

"Good morning Dad." I said as I passed through the living room to go to the kitchen.

"Hi sweetie, good morning." replied Dad.
"How was your night?" He added.

"Great. And yours?" I asked.

"Fantastic." Dad replied as he bit his lower lip while giving a mischievous smirk.

"I'm suspecting he had an affair with mom last night." I said to myself as I rolled my eyes and shrugged my shoulders as I walked past him.

"Hi, mom!" I greeted as I entered the kitchen"

"Hi Gabby! your lunch is over there." Mum said as she pointed to the kitchen island.

"Alright." I replied as I picked grapes from the counter in the fruit bowl.

I quickly headed out to the porch and started walking to Beth's house which was just a 3 minutes walk away from my house. I didn't get to her street when I saw her coming in my direction.

"So you did wake up early," Beth yelled from afar
"Yeah," I yelled back as I laughed.

We both headed straight to the bus stop. Unfortunately, mom refused to drop I and Beth at school. Really, on the first day?

------------------------------

"Hi, Mr. Jerry!" Beth said with a smile as she entered the bus.

"Happy resumption Mr. Jerry!" I added.

"Hi girls, good to see you again!" he said, smiling.

We went to our favorite seat on the bus and we both sat there. We picked several students and from there we went ahead to school. We even took pictures with Mr. Jerry as a first-day resumption pic.

*************

I looked at the doors of my high school and took a deep breath as I opened the doors.

"Are you coming?" Beth asked as she saw me standing, looking at the doors.

"Mhmm." I said as I nodded in affirmation.

The hallway was as busy as the last time I saw it. Kids reuniting with friends, talking about summer fun, you name it.
I headed over to my locker which was next to Beth's and dropped off a few books. Beth decided to clean up her locker and add some stickers which she bought from the supermarket. I borrowed some of her stickers since I didn't have time to buy some.

"I'm thinking of starting a business. A cosmetic line to be precise" I told Beth.

"That's nice. It will earn you more money which you can save up for college"
"Speaking of money!" Beth added

"Here it comes.." I murmured.

"You haven't even given me anything from all your YouTube cash and I'm the one who keeps helping you" she added while folding her arms.

"I will, I will!" I replied unsurely.

I'm lying. I wasn't going to give Beth my money (I know, that's too bad of me) buuuttt I was saving up to buy her a surprise birthday gift.
I used Beth as my puppet for most, I mean all my hair and makeup tutorial videos on IG and YouTube.

"Hello Gabeth..." a familiar female voice said from behind me...

❤️