5| Aria Meets the Truth

ARIA WAS SITTING IN THE AUDIENCE BESIDE MAYA, watching the school play Romeo and Juliet.

"Eyes, look your last. Arms, take your last embrace. And lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss." Lucas/Romeo leaned over about to kiss Riley/Juliet when Farkle jumped out from the side of the stage.

"Back off!" He commanded, shoving his fake spear into Lucas' face.

"What meanest thou? Spear carrier... who havest no lines." Lucas asked confused, but trying to remain in character.

"You tried to kiss my woman. This I cannot allow. Prepare to die!" Farkle dramatically exclaimed.

Lucas finally broke character and asked the genius, "Farkle, what are you doing? It's Romeo and Juliet."

"Well, now, it's Romeo and Juliet and Farkle. I play Farkle." Farkle retorted with a smile.

"Dude, I'm supposed to kiss the girl. Shakespeare said." Lucas said.

Instead of answering, Farkle turned to the audience.

"Who thinks the spear carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet?" Farkle asked.

Immediately, everyone in the audience began to cheer, Maya being the loudest.

"Yeah, you kiss that girl, you crazy spear carrier." Maya stood up and exclaimed.

"Hark! You cometh uppeth here and getteth kissed too." Farkle commanded the blonde.

Cheers from the audience seemed to get louder as Aria laughed so hard, she nearly fell out of her chair.

"Thank you, thank you. You're too kind, seriously." Maya sarcasticlly said as she walked on stage and lied down next to her best friend.

"How you doing?" She asked.

"I just don't understand how we end up in situations like this." Riley sighed.

~~~

SADLY, the director stopped the play before Farkle could kiss either one of the girls. Everyone made their way out into the hallway so they could cheer on the cast.

One by one, they all came outside. Riley, Lucas and even Maya got applause for their performances. However, when Farkle came out, the crowd was dead silent until Riley clapped enthusiastically.

"Thank you. Thank you, Farkle Nation!" He loudly ate up the applause.

"Farkle, come here." Maya commanded.

"Maya, don't. He thinks he was good." Riley pleaded.

"Yeah, she's gonna fix that." Aria said when she walked over to the two.

Maya nodded her head in agreement.

"But, she can't tell him the truth. She'll crush him."

"Telling the truth and dealing with the consequences is better than lying to him, Riles." Aria told her sister.

Maya pointed a finger in agreement with Aria, "Oh, I can tell him the truth. It's you who can't tell him the truth because you're afraid."

"I'm not afraid. I'm nice." Riley pouted.

"You saying Maya's not nice?" Aria asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No. I'm afraid to say that." Riley answered with a nervous smile.

"Tell him the truth. You know Farkle. You know what will happen if you don't." Maya pleaded with her best friend.

When Farkle walked over to the three girls, Riley said, "Farkle. You were so - what are the best words?" with a pained expression on her face.