10| Aria Meets the Forgotten

A FEW DAYS LATER CAME ELECTIVES DAY. Aria, Maya and Topanga had tried to wake up Riley, to no avail, so they eventually gave up and went to eat breakfast.

"Why didn't you wake me?" Riley whined when she finally stormed in, "It's electives day. The earlier we sign up, the better the chance we have of getting all the good ones."

"Ari and I tried to wake you up three times," Topanga sighed.

"You guys know I don't think you're serious until six times," Riley said, "You guys know the first three times I'm still checking for chicken pox to see if I can miss school."

"Hey, I tickled your toes," Maya raised her hands in defense.

"Well, that explains the Lucas dream," Riley blushed.

"So, what electives are we hoping for?" Topanga asked.

"I really don't care," Aria shrugged, "There's no problem with any of them, it's all stuff we do everyday, just fancier termed. Like, janitorial services is just fancy talk for cleaning."

"Well, we are hoping to get out of them," Maya gestured between her and Riley.

"Actually, it's not gonna happen, sister," Riley said to her best friend, "These are service electives. Not only do they expect us to be students, but now they want to give us jobs."

"How are we supposed to work and go to school at the same time?" Maya asked.

"Yeah, who does that?" Riley pondered.

"Three... two... one," Aria counted down.

"How you doin'?" Cory asked as he entered the kitchen.

Topanga smiled, "Oh, hey, honey. Where you going?"

"I'm going to school," He replied.

"Oh, whatcha gonna do there?"

"I'm gonna work."

"Wait, you're gonna go to work and school?" Topanga faked astonishment.

Cory nodded, "At the same time."

"Wait, but just for a couple of days, right?"

"No, no, no. This is forever," Cory clarified, "But Topanga, surely your responsibilities are temporary, right?"

"Oh, no. I have to do everything all the time," Topanga smiled.

"Really?" Aria raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, sometimes I have help," Topanga admitted.

"Bravo!" Riley clapped.

"No more. No more!" Maya begged.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you," Cory and Topanga said in unison.

"We will be here for the rest of your lives!" Cory exclaimed before he grabbed his briefcase and left the apartment.

"Have a good day, honey," Topanga waved at her husband.

"I hate parent theater," Riley groaned.

"Yeah, we did set them up pretty good," Maya shrugged.

"You know, when I went to law school, I held down two part-time jobs," Topanga said.

"Yeah, but now your life is a piece of cake," Riley rolled her eyes.

"You think it's easy raising three kids, being married to Dad, and being a lawyer?" Aria asked her sister before turning to her mother, "I have so much respect for you."

"Thank you, honey," Topanga smiled.

Maya turned to Topanga and asked, "Would you make us cake?"

"Get to school," Topanga rolled her eyes.