11| Aria Meets Flaws

"GRADUATION AND AWARDS NIGHT IS COMING UP. I am very proud of this class. Several of you will be recognized for your achievements throughout the year." Cory said, the following Monday morning in History Class.

Maya stood up, "Awards are a scam! A girl like me never had a chance, Matthews. Never had a chance," she then stared expectantly at Riley.

"All right, I'll do it, but it's ridiculous," Riley sighed before she got up as well, "It's a scam, Matthews! She never had a chance!"

The two then looked over at Aria, who wasn't paying attention as she was texting Farkle, trying to get him to spill the beans on where he was and why he was missing class.

"Gracie?" Riley called out.

"I'm not doing it," Aria deadpanned, furiously typing on her phone.

Maya and Riley shared a look before they shrugged and sat down.

"Maya will be receiving the Griff Hawkins Totally Cool Award." Cory said.

Maya sat down while the class clapped for her.

"Maya, you just found out you won the Totally Cool Award, yet you just sit there?" Riley asked flabbergasted while her best friend just stared at her, "Oh, you're being cool. Why won't you rub off on me?"

Cory walked towards Lucas, "And our two finalists for the Scholar Athlete Award are... Lucas Friar... and Billy Ross." Cory announced while the class clapped.

"I hope you're ready for some competition, dude," Billy laughed.

"Oh, well, you know how I hate competition," Lucas smiled.

Both boys laughed, stopped and leaned in. Then, they backed up while laughing again before repeating.

"Hey, Golden Boys, you wanna hop down from your cloud of awesomeness? You're making us normals feel bad," Maya sarcastically said.

"Yeah. Right after our handshake of awesomeness," Billed said before he and Lucas got up and did a handshake that ended in some weird body roll.

"Every day," Maya sighed.

"Girls should have their own handshake of awesomeness," Riley stated.

"What would it be?" Maya pondered.

They both flip their hair and turn to each other, "Stop it."

"Ari, you are being awarded the John Adams Kindest Student Award and the Most Helpful Student Award, congratulations," Cory beamed while the class clapped.

"Thanks, Dad." Aria smiled at him before she continued sending messages to Farkle.

Cory shook his head with a smile and continued reading off the awards, "Farkle, you are being awarded the Joseph T.R. Epstein Confidence Award. Congratulations. Farkle?"

A machine sitting on Farkle's desk started playing a recording of Farkle's voice, "Farkle can't come to his desk right now. If you have a question for Farkle, say One; a comment, say Two; billing questions, Three."

"One. Where are you?" Cory asked.

"You have selected Three," The machine said in Farkle's voice.

"No, I said One," Cory said.

Farkle's voice came on again, "Sorry we are experiencing unusually high call volume. Your call will be answered in approximately..."

A deep man's voice replaced Farkle's, "35..."

"Minutes," Farkle's voice said before guitar music started to play.