Chapter 3✔

"What do you mean No? Why don't you want to join the Avengers?" Peter asked, he looked like I just broke his favorite toy that he spent way too long putting together.

"Because. I just don't want to. Thank you though for offering. Is that all you guys wanted? I thought I'd be questioned or some shit." I told them as I lifted my hand up and checked my nails.

"No? Wait. What? Go back a minute. Because you don't want to is not an answer." Tony said sounding a bit offended. "I mean, I didn't want to join at first either, but your a hero, kid."

"I am Not a Kid." I snapped at him. I looked away. "And I'm no hero."

"You are a hero." Steve said as he came back. His arms crossed which made his shirt look even tighter. I looked at him and shook my head.

"No, I'm not. Look, I'm just here to give myself up so you all stay out of my life. The few people I have don't need to be involved with this chase of yours." I told them as I turned to go back to the elevator.

"So you're just going to leave? Run away? What was the point of coming here then?" I heard a sharp voice snap. I turned my head to see Bucky stomping towards me. I took a step back as he got right in front of me. The glare on his face wasn't stopping my mind from going into overdrive. Unsure if I should be looking for a quick exit or if I should be slightly turned on by his aggression. Stop thinking like that Elle!

"What do you want me to do?" I asked. "I don't need my face plastered everywhere so that it makes it easier for my enemies to find me or my sisters." My voice was rising a few octaves, throwing my hands up dramatically. "Lets just show everyone who is behind the name, let them know who I am!" I snapped, stepping towards him with every word. He just kept stepping back, a look of shock on his face. "Who knows! Maybe they will come and get me! Or worse! My sisters. Yeah lets just make it so much easier for them to take my only family left from me! Wouldn't that be fan-fucking-tastic!" I yelled at him. Bucky narrowed his eyes at me, confusion showing for just a moment.

"Who?" He asked. I froze. "You said them. Not us. So who is after you?" He was standing right in front of me now, blocking my view of the others behind him. I had to look up to look him in the eyes, which I was actually avoiding right now.

"You think you guys are the only ones after the great Cinderella Renegade?" I backed up a bit, which made him grab my hips firmly, keeping me in place. "Hydra." I told him. "Hydra has been after me for a while now. Since about the time you joined the Avengers." My eyes averted from his harsh gaze. His grip on my hips tightened slightly making the air get caught in my throat. Don't think about his hands. Don't think about how much it feels good.

"We'll protect you." Steve spoke up. His voice was a bit thick, like he was trying to process this new information. I looked around Bucky to see Steve stand a little behind him and to the side.

"And my sisters? I don't care about what happens to me. My sisters are what matters. They are all I have left." I grabbed Bucky's wrists, forcing him to release me. He didn't have his gloves on. The warmth of his flesh hand and the cold of the metal hand sent shivers through my spine. I took a step back from him, releasing his hands and meeting his gaze to see he was deep in thought. "I should get going." I said before turning and entering the elevator. I turned as the doors start to close. Seeing Bucky staring at me intensely. The others were looking down, almost like they were sad that I was leaving.

The doors shut and I waited for the elevator to go to the bottom floor. I almost felt bad leaving them. That Peter kid was so sad that I had said no. But I couldn't risk my sisters being taken to get to me. If something had happened to them... I don't even know what I would do. I can only rumor people, sure I knew how to fight. I learned from Jerry, who ran the gym on the corner of my street.