Chapter 13

As the days went by, Bucky kept me to himself. Sometimes I snuck out and had a really early morning glass of juice with Steve before his runs. He's tell me stories about his life in the 40s with Bucky. It was so nice hearing how Bucky used to be. Steve was right, Bucky was returning to his old self. Natasha and Wanda stole me a few times to have a girls night, which ended in Bucky stealing me back for cuddles. It was perfect.

Today is the day of the ball though. Tony had closed off the party area in the tower. Only him, Peter and Bucky were allowed in there. Steve wasn't allowed since I tried to send him in as a spy. He proved loyal to me so they banned him. Who knew I would become close with Steve. He was like the Brother I wish I always had. Lexi and Ginny were getting ready with Natasha and Wanda and I. We only had a few hours to get ready.

Ginny's dress was a basic black gown, spaghetti straps and a sweet heart neckline. Very Ginny.

Lexi had chosen something similar, but the straps were  doubled

Wanda had chosen a gorgeous black off shoulder dress

Wanda had chosen a gorgeous black off shoulder dress. It wasn't a ballgown though. It was also a bit shorter than it was supposed to be. But, it looked like it was made for her. Her red hair was already in curls that made her look like she belonged on the red carpet. I was nearly jealous. Nearly.

Natasha's dress was extremely her

Natasha's dress was extremely her. A black gown that clung to her movements. A slit up the leg. A deep V-line that hovered right above her belly button. She looked amazing. Her hair was straight, making her look edgy in a sexy way. Seriously, if I was gay, I'd go for both Wanda and Natasha. Beautiful.

I still wasn't in my dress

I still wasn't in my dress. Wanda wouldn't stop whining about not seeing it. But I told her, it's a surprise. Oh, and I was so annoyed that they were black and white ball'ing me. They all had black dresses where I had a white and red dress.

Currently, Wanda was styling my hair for me.

"It's off shoulder, right?" Wanda asked as she was curling my hair in loose curls. I nodded, which resulted in Natasha glaring at me for moving. I snorted and rolled my eyes at her. "Good, so this should work perfectly with it then! I wish I could see it, I bet you look so beautiful in it!" Wanda was more excited about my dress than she was about her own.

"Not as gorgeous as you all look. I still can't believe I'll be the only one not in black. I knew it was weird that none of the dresses you showed me was black." I commented. Nat laughed at me as Ginny and Lexi laughed as well.

"I still can't believe we weren't invited!" Lexi exclaimed.

"Yeah- We do everything together I thought." Ginny added as she twirled in her dress as she waited for us to be done. I sighed.

"I'm sorry, I was basically dragged out."

"Peter got to go!" Lexi whined. Nat snorted at this. She was amused at me being in trouble with my sisters.

"He kind of invited himself. Anyway, it wasn't safe for you both to go. Do I need to remind you that we were attacked?"

"Yeah and you blew someone's head up." Lexi added. I averted my eyes at that. I felt bad that I did that. I was just so angry.

"Maybe you both should head down now. I hear music so they must have started. Ella is going down alone anyway." Wanda mentioned. Ginny and Lexi sighed and left the room, complaining about not getting to see the dress.

"Thanks, Wanda." I smiled at her shortly. Wanda nodded.

"It's nothing. We've all been there. Doing something we wished we hadn't is part of the hero back story anymore." She told me, trying to make me feel better. I nodded slightly as she finished curling my hair and started to put it up into a loose bun like thing. Little fly aways dancing along my skin. "You're all done. Do you need help getting into your dress?" Wanda asked, knowing I would say no.

"Nah, I got it. Thank you, girls. You both have been amazing with helping me." I smiled at them both as I stood up.

"Hey, we're basically family now." Nat told me. I smiled at the word family. Who knew I would have such a big family now. I hadn't heard from my father since I told him Hydra was behind my mothers death. Steve thinks he went to find the person behind it. I probably won't see him again. But I was used to that.

"We'll see you in a bit, Elle." Wanda said as she and Natasha left my room. I sighed. I was alone now. My dress hanging up on the door in a garment bag.

Was I doing the right thing? Going to a party instead of finding the men who were behind my mothers death? Sure my father was doing it.... But I feel guilty.

I stared at my dress. Trying to figure out if I should put it on and enjoy the life I received. Or should I go after the life I had before. The renegade? Either way, I was Cinderella.

Which Cinderella was I going to be though? The one who lives Happily ever after?

Or the one who avenges her mother?

I knew what I was going to do. There was no going back.

Word Count- 1,002