Chapter 14

I pushed the doors open to the ballroom

I pushed the doors open to the ballroom. The chatter between everyone stopped as they looked over at me at the top of the stairs. I could feel the attention of everyone on me which made my stomach drop.

My breathing was caught in my throat as I barely noticed someone run up the stairs, stopping three steps from me, hand extended to me

My breathing was caught in my throat as I barely noticed someone run up the stairs, stopping three steps from me, hand extended to me. I followed the hand to see Bucky standing there in a black tux and a red tie. His mask matched mine, but the masculine version of it. A smile spread onto my lips that were painted red to match the stains of lace on my dress. Bucky grinned as I took his hand, stepping down the stairs with him. He leaned over to my ear.

"You look so beautiful." He whispered. The heat of his breath sending butterflies throughout my stomach.

"You look... handsome." I told him, trying to find the words to use. He pressed a small kiss to my cheek as he held my hand, leading me to the middle of the room as music played.

"May I have this dance?" He asked me dramatically with a bow. I laughed at his goofy exterior. I curtsied to him to match him.

"Why yes sir, I would love to dance." I giggled as I placed my hand on his shoulder and he pulled me to his body. His arm wrapped around my waist tightly, making sure I was not leaving him. Then we started to move. I don't dance. I'm telling you that right now. Now imagine me dancing in a big dress and in heels.

But, surprisingly, Bucky knew how to lead. He was a natural at dancing.

"Did you dance back in the day?" I asked with a slight joking tone to my voice. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Of course I did. Dancing was the best thing to do when at war. Made life easier." He explained, twirling me out and back in.

"Would you have danced with me back then?" I asked seriously. He paused for a moment, thinking seemingly. He smiled at me as he dipped me, low. Bringing his face close to mine. His lips near mine.

"Most definitely." He whispered, bringing me back up with a kiss on the lips. I smiled against his lips as we continued to dance, kissing at the same time. He pulled back and grinned. "Ready?" I looked at him confused.