ten

"I want to go to school huaa- achoo!" The little girl cried. Not wanting to stay at home, as she caused a tantrum.
"Who's fault is it to run in the rain yesterday hmm." Renjun replied, he'd been trying to feed her soup but the girl kept crying and not wanting to eat.

"Dad I want to go to school." She said whilst sniffing like a mad person. Looking at him with tears in her eyes as she had a sad frown on her face.
"Rennie you can't or else you're going to get your classmates sick as well. Now eat up, you want to get better soon right?" He said as she slowly nodded her head.

"Where's mom. I want to be with mom." She asked her father once he was done feeding her the soup. The lad currently cleaning up.
"She's currently running some errands. She'll be back home soon." He told her and placed the covers over her.
"You should get some sleep." He said as she shook her head, this making him sigh.
"I'm not going to sleep, I want to be with mom." The girl repeated and at that moment, her bedroom door could be heard being opened.

"Injun did Rennie already ate?" Lily asked as she entered the room.
"Mom!!" Rennie cried as she opened her arms out wide. Lily going over to her and sat down on the bed. Pulling her daughter into her embrace.
"Why are you crying hmm? Renjun did something happen whilst I was gone?" She asked whilst caressing her daughters head. Rennie crying and soaking Lily's shirt.
"She's been whining to want to go to school, and she doesn't want to go to sleep because you weren't here." Renjun explained. Taking the empty bowl and glass before opening the bedroom door.
"Ah alright then, I'll take care of her from now on. You could take a rest now injun." Said Lily as the lad nodded his head before leaving the room.

"Rennie could you tell mom, why you're crying?" Lily questions her. Removing the hair that was covering the little girls face. Rennie placing her head up to see her mother already looking down at her as she wiped her tears away.

"I'm sorry for running in the rain. Because of me uncle Soobin and Beomgyu got in trouble and I'm being a burden for you and dad to take care of huaaa." She wailed and hid her face in Lily chest.
"No you're not a burden to take care off. It is our job as a parent to always take care of you, and yeah it was pretty foolish of you to run in the rain but it was also their fault for not stopping you. Soobin told me that he wanted to stop you but didn't have the guts to say no and make you sad." Lily reassures her as this made her even more sad.
"Wahhh why didn't he stop me." Rennie whined, making Lily let out a small laugh.
"Goodness, don't cry. You could count that as a life lesson and to not play out in the rain anymore ok?" She said as Rennie nodded her head in reply whilst wiping her tears away.

"Now if you want to get better, you need to rest well. I'll be back once you wake up to give you your medication." She said and was about to leave when Rennie held onto her hand.
"Don't leave me.." Her small voice being inaudible for Lily to hear.
"Alright then, I'll stay here with you." She walked over to the other side of the bed and got under the covers, pulling the little girl into her embrace and gently caressing her back to make her fall asleep.

"Mom." Rennie spoke.
"Yes dear."
"Your necklace. You're always wearing it, is the necklace something very valuable to you?" She asked her mother, Lily astounded that she'd even ask her that question.

"Oh this necklace? Yes it's something very precious to me. It was the last gift that my mother had ever given to me before she passed away." Lily replied as the atmosphere around them turned tensed.
"Really? It's very beautiful." The little girl said, making Lily smile.
"Hmm, it's really beautiful just like her. Hey, do you want to hear a story?" Lily asked as Rennie replied with a 'yes.'
"I nearly lost this necklace once, if it wasn't for your father finding it and returning it back to me. Haha, even though we weren't in the best of terms back then. He still managed to give it back, I guess that's when I found out that maybe he isn't that bad of a person after all and from there and then was when I started to like him." Lily reminiscence the time where the two of them were still enemies and he came into the art room with her necklace.