Freeing Jokul

"Dad is frozen in ice?!"

"Everyone look around! He has to be here somewhere!" Blaze cried out.

They all looked around, with the staff glowing to help guide them. From above, Pitchiner growled as he stared down at the group.

"DRAT!! I guess I'll have to take more matters."

He raised his dark sand before swirling it on the snow. The snow swirled in a hurricane before releasing it down into the ditch.

"Uh... GUYS?!! RUN!!"

They screamed as the snow hurricane came after them. The hurricane soon collapsed and exploded, filling the ditch in snow and ice. Pitchiner smirked.

"Perfect... buried alive."

With that, he took his leave, hoping that they were no longer going to be a problem.

Fortunately, a blast from the staff spoke otherwise as the staff glowed and got out of the snow before looking around to find Crusher. It forced itself onto his tire, causing another blast to remove all the snow from everyone.

"Ugh... guys?" Blaze groaned as he got up. "Is everyone okay...?"

"I think so..." Starla shuddered.

"Man, what happened?" Darington asked as Stripes removed his snow from his fur.

"Probably Lord Big Shot again..." Pickle growled. "But we can worry about it later. We have to find Jokul."

"Ina-yuki... Crusher..."

"Dad! I'm coming!"

Crusher drove off to where he heard the voice. He went deeper and deeper into the ditch until he found a huge block of ice at the end of the ditch. He gasped.

"Guys! Over here!"

"Woah!" The group gasped as they all approached the block of ice.

"It's my dad..." Crusher look amazed. "How are we gonna get him out?"

"Maybe since you are his son, you could remove the ice the same way you got rid of the icy curse!" Blaze suggested.

"I... I'll try,"

Crusher took a deep breath and drove forward. He placed his tires on top of the ice and closed his eyes. The staff glowed with him as he felt the ice begin to melt at his touch.

"Come on..."

The melting ice continued until the ice cracked. Crusher stepped back as the ice broke apart.

"You did it!" Pickle cheered.

"I… I did!" Crusher gasped.

A figure soon hovered out of the broken ice, groaning as he opened his icy blue eyes.

"Ugh... what happened...?" the truck hissed as he stared over at the group.

Crusher blinked as he felt his eyes water.

"Dad...?"

"Son…?" the truck blinked in surprise as he drove closer. "Is that… really you…? Are you…?"

"Yeah... it's me..." Crusher nodded, his tears starting to roll down his cheeks as he drove closer.

"Wow…" the truck chuckled. "You… You're all grown up… last time… last time I saw you, you were just a little baby…"

"Dad...!!"

Crusher was crying hard now as he ran to the other. He wrapped his tires around the other truck, who sighed and returned the hug.

"It's okay... I'm here now." Jokul assured him. "And this time, I'll never leave you again,"

"Thanks, Dad..." Crusher smiled.

"Um... Jokul? Hi, I'm Blaze," the red truck greeted. "One of... Crusher's close friends. We were wondering if you knew anything about the Nightmare King?"

"Yeah! He was trying to stop us from finding you!" Gabby nodded.

"Ah, I see you've met Pitchiner," Jokul's expression turned sour.

"He said you two were enemies," said Crusher. "What happened?"

"I had been a young spirit once before, a couple of hundred years ago," Jokul began. "I hadn't been a wizard just yet. I was usually alone, distant from the other winter spirits,"

"How did you gain your powers?" Darington asked as the group's eyes were full of anticipation.

"As a spirit or as a wizard?" Jokul asked.

"Both!"

Jokul chuckled at their excitement.

"I suppose a good explanation can never beat the vision of what truly happened," he grabbed his staff and raised it up. "Hang on! We're heading to the past!"