Trapped

Meanwhile, in Pitchiner's lair, the Nightmare King watched with a smirk as Jokul, Sanderson and Aster made their way to him.

"Pitchiner! Let my son go!"

"Perhaps I will," Pitchiner grinned. "IF you win,"

"Game on..." Jokul readied to battle when Pitchiner laughed.

"Silly, Jokul, I won't be the one to fight you."

"Huh...?"

"No, no, no, that's too easy," Pitchiner grinned and stepped aside. "You'll be fighting… HIM…"

Jokul froze when he saw Crusher come forward, his entire body now covered in darkness while the icy blue lightning mark he had was now a silver skull while his eyes were purely gold.

"No..." The Winter Spirit shook his head. "I won't fight my own son!"

"You wouldn't have a choice," Pitchiner smirked.

"Don't worry-- if we distract him long enough," said Aster in a whisper so quiet only Sanderson and Jokul were able to here, "Sanderson can sneak up from behind and break the spell."

"Alright… but don't hurt him too much," Jokul told him.

"Got it."

Sanderson grinned and disappeared into sand, slipping away. Meanwhile, Crusher created his ice dark scythe and held it out towards them.

Jokul and Aster went head first to battle. Crusher smirked and dodged their attacks, jumping over a rock before moving his scythe under Aster, tripping him before kicking Jokul down.

"Oh, this is too good." Pitchiner smirked. "Jokul Frosti, to be killed by his own child. It would be in the headlines for the spirits for centuries!"

"Frostbite!" Aster hissed as Crusher proceeded to worsen his weight on the tire that was on Jokul.

"Son... remember who you are...!!" Jokul begged. "Please,"

"He won't hear you, he's too far gone," Pitchiner scoffed. "Say GOODBYE, Jokul."

Crusher raised the scythe, ready to strike. Just as he was about to swing, a string of golden sand grabbed onto his tires, and they glanced up to see Sanderson pulling on the other end.

"WHAT?!" Pitchiner growled. "Crusher, GET HIM!"

Crusher pulled on the ribbon in attempt to battle the golden truck. Sanderson shook his head and caused the ribbon to disappear before zooming towards the prince. Crusher didn't move as he came forward. Just as he was close, however, the prince stomped his tire, causing a cage of darkness to surround the golden truck.

"SANDERSON!!" Jokul and Aster gasped.

"You don't really think that I underestimated you lot, did you?" Pitchiner sneered.

"YOU--!!"

Aster growled and got up to battle the Nightmare King. Crusher blocked his path and hit him down with his scythe, causing another cage of darkness to appear and surround the Spring Spirit.

"ASTER!! Oh... I shouldn't have stopped Blaze and his friends from coming..." Jokul hissed.

"Well, too late now." Pitchiner smirked. "Crusher?"

Crusher nodded and raised his scythe before knocking the Winter Spirit out cold. Pitchiner chuckled and placed him a cage of darkness as well.

"Now... I have them all!" he let out an evil laugh before turning to the other truck. "Now, I don't need YOU anymore,"

He stomped his tire, causing the darkness to leave Crusher, who gasped and fell on his tires, coughing uncontrollably as his eyes returned to normal.

"What... what happened...?"

"You did my bidding," Pitchiner grinned. "And got your own father captured by yours truly."

"W-What?! DAD!!"

Crusher gasped to see Jokul knocked out in one of the cages. Pitchiner cackled.

"Oh, how CRUEL you were to hurt your own father. You were JUST like your mother would be,"

"No... you just had me under a spell! I'M NOTHING LIKE MY MOTHER!!"

"Perhaps... but it wouldn't matter now," Pitchiner smirked. "The deed is done, and YOU are the one at fault."

"LEAVE THE KID ALONE, YOU SCUM BAG!" Aster snarled.

"Hmm... no, I don't think so," Pitchiner chuckled. "In fact, now that I recall, Crusher," He turned back to him. "your friends aren't hear to be added to my little... collection. I need you to do one last job for me..."

"No, no! I'll never do anything for you!" Crusher shook his head and turned to leave.

"Oh, but you wouldn't have a choice."

Pitchiner aimed the dark arrow at him and took the shot. The arrow hit the dark blue truck, who yelped as he was hit. His eyes gleamed back to gold before he turnes back to face the Nightmare King.

"Now listen to me..." Pitchiner smirked. "And do as I say..."