Vengeance

When they reappeared back in the ditch, they gasped as the whole place was filled with darkness.

"What the what?! What happened?!" Pickle cried.

"Well, well, what do we have here?"

The group stiffened before turning to see Pitchiner hover above them with his Night Mares and the ice dragons behind him.

"What are those horse things?" Starla asked.

"Night-MARES." Jokul sighed. "Nightmarish horses that bring nightmares into those they corrupt."

"Oh boy..." Blaze hissed.

"After all those years, I see that you have finally freed yourself, Jokul." Pitchiner growled. "Such a shame. I enjoyed the peace and quiet without you,"

"Leave my dad alone!" Crusher snarled.

Pitchiner smirked. "You can rule over your people as much as you can, little prince, but you are merely child, Crusher."

"He's more than you'll EVER be!" Blaze exclaimed in anger.

"That's what I thought of Jokul, but look at how he disappointed me," Pitchiner shook his head. "And you know what? I'm tired of you all getting in my way!"

He released his Nightmares towards the group. The group looked around, shocked as they were surrounded.

"We're trapped! Blaze, what do we do?!" Stripes cried.

"Nightmares getting closer!" Zeg whimpered. "Zeg no like Nightmares!"

"We, uh…" Blaze glanced around, unsure of what to do.

"Give up?" the king answered. "NOW!! TERRIFY THEM ALL!!"

Jokul hissed as the Nightmares got closer. One got too close to Crusher, who gulped and drove back in fear.

"S-Stay back! I-I'm warning you!"

The Nightmare scoffed before dissolving into sand, moving to the dark blue truck through his tires. Crusher yelped, shutting his eyes as he fell to his tires.

"CRUSHER!!"

The friends surrounded the prince, who hissed as his eyes started to get corrupted with darkness.

"Jokul, what do we do?!" AJ gasped.

"Some dream sand SHOULD remove the Nightmare sand off," Jokul told them.

"But where do we get that?!"

"From Sanderson," Jokul told them. "but I don't know where he could be at the moment…"

"Hang on, Crusher! Everything will be fine!" Pickle begged, tears flowing.

"Not in my watch." Pitchiner smirked and aimed a dark arrow.

The arrow shot towards Crusher's back, causing his eyes to gleam gold.

"What did you do?!" Blaze shrieked.

"I'm making him my servant." Pitchiner smirked.

"You can't do this to his friends, Pitchiner!" Jokul exclaimed in anger. "Nor to me..."

"He was gonna try and make up with you, so you could be friends again!" Blaze snarled. "Maybe change your bad heart around! But... maybe you deserve to be alone..."

"He lost his chances years ago, anyway," Pitchiner rolled his eyes. "That time I visited him here was the day I wanted to see if he saw reason." He growled. "But he DIDN'T. And now, I'm taking vengeance. Besides, I was the one who taught you your skills, Jokul, so if you think about it, your child really DOES belong to ME."

Crusher soon rose, eyes gold while his body was turning blackish. Pitchiner chuckled.

"Come to me, little prince."

"Crusher, don't listen to him!" Starla shrieked.

But the darkness had spread all over his body as he nodded. The ice dragon came over, and he climbed on.

"My son... no..."

Jokul watched in horror as his child, mind controlled by the one whom he once called his friend, flew off to be by the Nightmare King's side. Pitchiner stared down at him with a sneer.

"How does it feet to be betrayed, huh?"

"You WON'T get away with this, Pitchiner!" Jokul hissed, staff glowing icy blue in his tires. "Ina-yuki! Please! Break free from him, my son!"

Pitchiner rolled his eyes, but did notice Crusher wince at the call. He snarled.

"Follow me, prince!"

"Crusher, think of your friends! Think of your Grammy! What would she want you to do?"

"G-Grammy…?" Crusher shut his eyes as he felt the darkness slip away.

But Pitchiner wasn't going to give up that easily. He aimed another dark arrow at Crusher and shot his back once more.

"Stop that! You're mine now!"

"You belong to no one, Ina-yuki! You are my son, grandson of my mother in law! I will protect you no matter what! I... I love you..."

Pitchiner snarled as the darkness began to leave the prince.

But giving up was never his call.

And if he couldn't have the prince then no one will.

He raised his scythe behind the dark blue truck, golden eyes gleaming as he smirked.

"Goodbye... Ina-yuki."

With that, he swung the scythe. Crusher screamed, eyes turning back to normal as he felt himself sliced while the others stood in horror.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Pitchiner smirked before pushing the prince off. Crusher fell from the ice dragon, heading down quickly as blood lifted up from the injury.

"I gotcha, Crusher!"

Pickle drove over to attempt to catch him. Blaze and Jokul headed over to help, with the spirit wizard using his staff to slow down Crusher's fall. The dark blue truck soon landed on the ice gently, eyes wide as blood fell from his mouth and from his injury.

"Oh... my son..."

"Is there anything we can do to save him...?" Pickle whimpered.

"Not while I'm still here," Pitchiner smirked and aimed the next arrow at Blaze.

Just as he shot, however, a boomerang stopped and spread the darkness out, destroying the arrow. The group gasped and turned to see a giant greyish-blue truck with giant bunny ear-like pipes as he held a boomerang towards the Nightmare King.

"Leave them alone!"

"Aster." Pitchiner hissed. "And I thought Spring Spirits HATED Winter Spirits."

"Well, the bloody showpony managed to worm his way in," Aster chuckled before snarling. "Now leave them all alone, Pitchiner, or you won't be laughing much longer."

"Fine." Pitchiner huffed. "I'll bask in the death of the prince anyway,"

With that, he turned and left. Aster sighed and turned to the group.

"You all alright?"

"We're fine... thank you, Aster," Jokul said. "But... my son... he is very weak..."

"Can you help him?" AJ asked.

"Hmm…" Aster crouched down. "The injury looks fatal for any normal spirit. Lucky for him, he's only half of a spirit, so it shouldn't be that fatal. I've got some healing potion for him back at the Warren,"

"Can we go with you?" Blaze questioned. "Maybe we can help."

"Sure, come on," Aster nodded.