Saving The Spirits

"Pitchiner!!" Jokul growled. "Let us GO!!"

"HMM… no." Pitchiner chuckled. "Besides, would you REALLY want to escape and head back to that crummy Warren?"

"HEY! MY Warren isn't crummy!" Aster snarled.

"I still don't think you'd like to enter that place… unless you don't mind finding your son's corpse!" Pitchiner cackled.

"M-My… what…?" Jokul stiffened.

"YOU MONSTER!!" Aster screamed in rage.

"What can I say? He had deemed himself more useless than ever since he helped me capture his friends," Pitchiner sneered.

Jokul fell on his tires as his tears rolled down his cheeks.

His only son... was dead...?

No, that can't be.

That CAN'T.

But Pitchiner would never celebrate if it wasn't true.

Sanderson looked horrified at the news. Aster was enraged. He barged onto the cage bars, banging on it as he gritted his teeth.

"YOU ARE A MONSTER, PITCHINER!! A MONSTER!!!" he roared out.

"Yes, yes, as if I care," Pitchiner waved him off.

Jokul was weaping hard now, tires on his face as he curled up into a ball and sobbed tears of sadness. Aster hissed before turning to the Winter Spirit. He reached out to him, ignoring the sting from the dark cage.

"Hey, Frostbite," he called out to him. "Everything's going to be alright. I promise you that,"

Jokul didn't glance up. He just continued to weep. Aster sighed and looked around for any hope of their escape.

Suddenly, Baby Tooth flew into the lair, slipping past Pitchiner before making her way to the trio, mainly Jokul as she landed on his hood. Jokul glanced at her.

"B-Baby Tooth...?"

Baby Tooth nodded and motioned him to keep quiet. Jokul was confused, but he nodded, trusting her word.

Suddenly, flames started to appear all around the lair. Pitchiner growled.

"What?!" he glanced around, holding out his scythe. "Who goes there?! Show yourself!!"

Leaves and vines rose from the ground as more flames came. After that came a bright sun shining down on the lair, causing the Nightmare King to hiss and raise his tires.

"GET THAT SUN AWAY FROM ME!"

"Scared, Pitchiner?"

The Nightmare King glanced around at the familiar echoing voices around his lair as glowing yellow stars glowed in the darkness. Purple dark magic also glowed in the dark as rocks rolled ahead and surrounded the evil being.

"So… you mortals have picked up… magical abilities." Pitchiner snarled. "Not that it matters. I still have the upper hand."

"You think you do, but you don't,"

Pitchiner turned to see Blaze hovering above him with his flames. AJ was at his driver's seat as they crossed their arms and tires while glaring down at him.

"Hand over Jokul, Aster and Sanderson, Pitchiner." Blaze hissed. "Now."

"Hmm… no," Pitchiner chuckled and raised his scythe. "Time to end you once and for all!"

As he swung it, however, the scythe hit something wooden and frozen. Pitchiner snarled.

"WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU--?!"

"Miss me, Pitchiner?"

Jokul glanced up at the voice in shock with wide eyes. No, it can't be. Pitchiner just said that he killed him.

But the voice.

It was HIS voice.

So IT HAD to be…

"YOU…"

Pitchiner gritted his teeth to see the dark blue truck floating above him, holding a staff in his tires as he grinned.

"Crusher. You PESKY child."

"Yep," Crusher chuckled. "And I'm alive and well! Take that, you big moron!"

"Alive, huh?" Pitchiner cackled, noticing the dark blue truck's snowy white eyes. "I sincerely doubt that."

He shoved the prince back before taking out his dark arrow. He aimed and fired his arrow at Crusher, who smiled and grabbed the arrow before disintegrating it.

"WHAT?!" Pitchiner's eye twitched. "HOW?!"

"Thanks to YOUR dark sand, I managed to get in control of YOUR Nightmare Sand too," Crusher created an ice and dark scythe in his tires. "At least it's an even fight now, right?"

"You might have my magic, but you are still OUTMATCHED." Pitchiner sneered, twirling his scythe.

"Dont think so!"

Pitchiner glanced around to find the rest of the group surrounding him. Darington floated up with his star magic, and Watts hovered up with her sun magic. Starla and Gabby had their dark magic while Zeg had his earth magic. Stripes posed, ready to battle with his animal friends to help him while Pickle came in with his nature magic.

Pitchiner growled. "So you ALL had your magic? You are all still mortals!"

"Mortal or not, they're spirits are still strong!" Aster grinned. "I say go for it kiddos!"

"Use Sanderson's dream sand!" Jokul cried out. "Plenty will weaken Pitchiner for sure!"

"Got it!" Crusher nodded as Baby Tooth handed a sack of Dream Sand.

"Only a sack?" Pitchiner scoffed. "What a pathetic move,"

"Is it REALLY just a sack?" Crusher smirked.

He poured the sand out of the sack, and endless waterfall of sand seeped out. As they did, his eyes glowed gold, causing the sand to duplicate and grow into many more.

"YOU HAVE SANDERON'S MAGIC TOO?!" Pitchiner's jaw dropped. "IMPOSSIBLE!!"

"Guys, use your powers and surround him!" Blaze called out as AJ hovered out of him with his flames. "And let's end this once and for all!"

Together, the duo used their flames to surround the Nightmare King. Starla and Gabby did the same with their dark magic, as did Pickle with his vines and Zeg with his giant boulders. Stripes called on his animal friends to surround him as well while Watts and Darington readied to blind him with their light.

Pitchiner snarled and attempted to call on his Nightmares, but Crusher prevented him to do so, causing ice to raise up and block his path.

"Don't even try."

"You cannot DEFEAT ME!!" Pitchiner claimed. "I WILL win!!"

"Not today, Pitchiner." Crusher smirked and rose up, eyes glowing purely gold as his staff glowed icy blue. "And never ever."

With that, he manipulated the Dream Sand to blast towards Pitchiner, who screeched in pain as the golden sand took over her with a boom.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"