Prologue

Suggested Song(s):
♫ Vacation - Young ♫

(WARNING: Blood and slight descriptions of gore)

❝𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐀❞

❀ ིྀ﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏ ིྀ❀

Streams of blood ran down to his feet, and his lips quivered. She was dead. Her body made a loud thud as it splattered onto the ground, and her decapitated head fell down onto the dirt ground. There was a lump in his throat and he was beyond disgusted. Her lifeless eyes stared at him as a gruesome reminder of what he had just done.

He could see the flesh and bone within her body and the perfectly clean cut that severed her head. Alatus dropped his weapon and collapsed to his knees, gagging as he quickly went to cover his mouth, desperate to hold back his vomit. His eyes struggled to focus and his vision was hazy. Nothing made sense, everything felt painful, and he could barely breathe.

Tears poured down his face uncontrollably and he couldn't stop his body from trembling. Memories flashed through his mind, consuming him with grief. More than anything, Alatus wished to wake up from this awful nightmare. This horrible, horrible, horrible nightmare. But, it was no dream. It was reality. And that, he could not accept.

His spear, his hands, his clothes, they were all covered in red. Her blood. Nothing could ease this dreadful, suffocating pain in his chest.

He would never be able to forgive himself.

"Well done, Alatus." The God praised, laughing as they slowly walked over, clapping their hands. The sound of their voice immediately caused Alatus's heart to drop, and he slowly glanced back with fearful look in his eyes.

"You two had quite the show, it was truly entertaining to watch." they hummed happily, stopping right behind Alatus before crouching down beside him. He could feel the the God's gaze piercing right through him, and he could already imagine the cunning smirk on their face as they watched him.

Mustering up the last of his courage, Alatus clenched his fist tightly before looking back at the God.

"Why?" He mumbled to them, sweat dripping down his face and onto the rocky ground as he was barely able to hold their gaze.

The God seemed to be caught of guard by the question, and they took a moment to think. "Why? Hmmm, that's a good question." They looked up at the night sky, "I suppose I just needed a way to get rid of one of you. It was bothersome to have to take care of two slaves at once." The God told him without even sparing an ounce of effort to try and hide their lack of remorse.