Xiao's Disappearance | 6

Suggested Song(s):
♫  Duster - Constellations ♫
♫ Jack Stauber's Micropop - Cupid ♫

Suggested Song(s):♫  Duster - Constellations ♫♫ Jack Stauber's Micropop - Cupid ♫

❀ ིྀ﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏ ིྀ❀

The Vigilant Yaksha has been acting strangely recently. He refused to appear, even when called by Verr Goldet. And when anyone tried to approach him, he'd immediately disappear. Before, this wasn't uncommon for him to behave this way, but whenever anyone did manage to catch a glimpse of him, he always seem to appear disoriented or sick looking. It's been a week since this started, and days since he's last been seen. You could tell by the expressions of Verr Goldlet and Huai'an's face that they were getting more anxious by the day.

They had little time to go look for him and could only trust that he'd return safely soon. But you couldn't bare to watch the poor couple slowly crumbling from stress, thus you decided to go off on and search for him on your own. Though The Vigilant Yaksha had yet to acknowledge you as his assistant, it was still your job by contract to look after him; whether he liked it or not.

"Excuse me," you utter, placing your hand onto a passing merchant's shoulder to get his attention. He immediately flinches at your touch, and laughs nervously as he looks back at you. "Dear archons, you frightened me for a moment!" he says, rubbing the back of his head. You quickly apologize.

"I'm sorry, but I need to ask you, have you seen a young looking boy recently who possessed a strange mask hanged around his waist— or on his face?" you inquire, but the merchant shook his head, disappointing you. "No, I haven't, I apologize." he responds. "It's alright. Thank you anyways, stay safe on your journey." You wave the merchant goodbye as you watch as he walks away. You sigh, slightly feeling discouraged by your lack of progress.

You've asked many passing merchants, who've left and entered Wangshu Inn, and all have given the same respond. 'No, I haven't.'

It was getting to the point where you didn't want to ask anymore people, so you wouldn't have to hear the same sentence over and over again. The disappointment from every answered seemed to slowly build up, making you feel hopeless at times. But, you refused to give up— at least until you could figure out something.

"Have you seem a young boy with a strange mask recently?"

"Sorry Miss, I haven't."

"Have you seem a young boy with a strange mask recently?"

"No, I'm sorry."

"Have you seem a young boy with a strange mask recently?"

"I haven't. Ask someone else.

It was a repeating cycle, and it was honestly getting tiring. "Miss Y/n, is something the matter?" you heard a familiar voice speak as someone tugged lightly on the bottom of your dress. You look down to see Xiuying. "I'm sorry, but I can't play with you today," you say, patting her head.