A Qilin's Hostility | 8

Suggested Song(s):
♫ Duster - Me and the Birds ♫
♫ Crystal Castles - Empathy ♫

Suggested Song(s):♫ Duster - Me and the Birds ♫♫  Crystal Castles - Empathy ♫

❀ ིྀ﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏ ིྀ❀

The Millelith arrests the innkeeper as you sit quietly on the staircase of Wangshu inn... the same ones Xiuying died on. "Huai'an, stop resisting!!" A soldier shouts, forcefully pulling the Inn keeper's hand behind his back. Huai'an continues to yell as he frantically tries to escape the soldier's tight grasp around his wrist. "Argh, let me go! What is the meaning of all this?!" He screech's.

"I didn't do anything wrong!"

He didn't do anything wrong.

Suddenly, the soldier becomes inpatient and slams Huai'an onto the ground. "My chest...!" he utters beneath his breath, speechless as a burning pain rushes through his body. "Huai'an, you are under arrested for the murder of Xiuying!!" The soldier yells, with pure hatred raging in his eyes. "She was your own blood. You're a sick man..."

Huai'an glares at the soldier, "Murder? My daughter?! Stop this nonsense. I did no such thing!!" he retorts. "My daughter is alive! You're lying to me!! You're lying!!!" Huai'an screams, attempting to pull his hands apart. But his attempts were futile as the soldiers strength was far beyond his.

A soft breeze whisks by, gently lifting your h/c locks briefly into the air. The commotion before you began to dissipate as your vision blurred. You could feel yourself slowly drifting away.

Sharply inhaling, you quickly press your hand against your forehead— trying to keep yourself in check. You felt a sharp pain slowly clawing at your chest, it hurt, it was unbelievably painful. But no matter how much it stung, you couldn't bring yourself to shed a single tear.

"Are you Y/n?" A gentle voice spoke, and you immediately lift your head.

To your surprise you found the general secretary of the Liyue Qixing standing before you. A smile graces upon her lips, as you respond. "Yes, is there something you need with me?"

She nods her head, explaining how she had been sent to discuss something important with you. "It's a bit crowded here, how about we go on a short walk and I'll fill you in on everything." Ganyu says, extending a hand forward to help you up to your feet. Though you were wary of following her, you were curious to what she had to say.

As you walk alongside her past the bridge, you notice Ganyu was avoiding your gaze. Sweat dripped down her face and her hand trembled nervously. You tilt your head slightly, confused. "Is something the matter?" you inquire, placing a hand on her shoulder. She flinches at your touch, and that was when you immediately knew something wasn't right.