Ignorance | 9

Suggested Song(s):
♫ Mitski - I Don't Smoke ♫
♫ Crim3s - Lost ♫
♫ ZWE1HVNDXR - LOVELY BASTARDS ♫

(WARNING: Blood, sh (self-harm), choking, implied starvation, and mild swearing)

❝ From me to you, another Qilin. ❞

Sincerely, Ganyu.

❀ ིྀ﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏ ིྀ❀

A few thousand years ago

Ganyu still remembered the feeling of uncertainty that gripped her heart; the day Alatus was taken in. She was still but a young girl, holding onto the sides of Rex Lapis's long robes as she peeked at the blood-soaked boy before her. A look of both curiosity and ignorance glossed over her eyes as she examined his small frame, and the way it trembled from exhaustion yet refused to rest. She took in every detail of Alatus, especially the dark bruises that wrapped around his limbs. A sense of both horror and disgust washed over her. He was beyond filthy with not even a spark of hope reflected in his hollow eyes, in this moment, Ganyu couldn't help but wonder:

"What use was there to take in an illuminated beast who no longer had the will to fight?"

She's posed this question to The Geo Archon many times, so many times that its long been forgotten through time. But she'd remember how each time, he'd give the same response.

Give the boy time.

However, his words could not reassure her increasing anxiety. There was a scarcity of supplies in times of war and throughout the ten months since Alatus had been taken in, he had done nothing but drain medical resources and bark at those who were trying to assist him. The time he's spent recovering has extended nearly fourfold beyond that of an average soldier, a period of time that, as an Adeptus, should typically be shorter as their bodies are far better at restoring and handling wounds than humans.

Despite her youthful mindset, she recognized the toll Alatus took on the staff and shared the same urgency as other healers to quickly restore his health.

In these times, Ganyu was far bolder. Perhaps it was stemmed from her growing ego, fueled by by the praises she received for her work and knowledge, or simply the fact that she had not yet been exposed to the harsh realities of a battlefield, but she took it upon herself to take Alatus's examination this time around with the confidence that she could bring the young boy back to his feet.

A foolish decision that directly displayed her ignorance.

In the past few weeks, Alatus has been showing increasing signs of instability. The medication he had been prescribed no longer took the same effect, and Rex Lapis had returned to the battlefield, despite being the only one previously able to soothe his pain. Alatus's body was very quick to adapt to medicine, making It an extremely tedious process for the entire medical team to find a new prescription potent enough to alleviate even a fraction of his pain.