The Three Young Children | 3

Suggested Song(s):
♫ toastool - Treehouse ♫

Suggested Song(s):♫ toastool - Treehouse ♫

❀ ིྀ﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏ ིྀ❀

This evening, It seemed to be winder than usual.

No matter where you wandered in Wangshu Inn (where you're not sheltered by a roof), leaves of a beautiful light red or orange color would most of the time— if not always; fall atop your head. It could be bothersome at times, but the view was un-doubtfully beautiful.

The leaves were like peddles... slowly falling as if time itself had been slowed down. You could hear the breeze blowing against its branches, causing light ruffle sounds before eventually stopping. It was oddly... soothing, one could say? And you couldn't help but stand at the edge of the balcony, admiring the view as you rested your head on the palm of your hand.

Liyue had many gorgeous sights to be seen, and Wangshu Inn was only one of them. Thinking about it, your eyes lowered. "It'd be nice to see all of them." You thought out loud as you murmur to yourself. A sadden sigh leaves your lips, and your back slumps over as you bury your head into your arms.

The clear voices of the people downstairs in Wangshu Inn could be heard from afar. As well as the rushing footsteps of workers passing by the balcony, and the voice of Verr Goldlet greeting arriving visitors. As expected, It's incredibly busy just as you were told. It was no wonder Verr Goldlet didn't have the time to bring you to your room.

Suddenly, the feeling of a small tug against the back of your dress immediately caught your attention. You jolt up from your slumped position and quickly looked back. But, to your surprise, you saw a young child standing behind you with their hand lightly gripped onto the bottom of your dress.

"Miss, are you sad?"

The young girl asked, a look of curiosity glossed over her eyes. "P— Pardon?" You tried to question as you stammered with open eyes.

Who knew such a simple question could throw you off so much? You were completely caught off guard.

"If you're sad, you can come to play with us! We'll try out best to make you happy." She exclaimed, and you looked up to see two other heads peeking out from the entrance of the balcony. One young boy and one other girl to be exact. And their large eyes stared eagerly at you as they waited patiently for your response. Your first instinct was to politely decline— but as you open your mouth to speak, you immediately stopped in hesitation. There was a brief moment of silence whilst you considered if you should risk disappointing the three young children.

It wouldn't hurt to play with a few kids for a bit, right? You had nothing better to do anyway.

Your hand reaches into the pocket of your dress, and you pulled out a small pocket watch that flips open to show a clock. Its arms slowly moved towards the right, making quiet click sounds each time a second passed. There was still a bit more than an hour left till your appointment with Verr Goldlet, and you glance back at the young girl whose small pigtails swayed left and right as the wind blew by.

Her yearning jade eyes stared deeply into yours, and you let out a defeated sigh before smiling. "Sure, not for long though."

Her face immediately lights up at your responses, and the two young children behind the entrance to the balcony both let out a cheerful sound of happiness as they jumped in excitement. "We did it! We got the new girl to play with us!!" One cheered, and it didn't take you long to realize that their original intention was to play with you, specifically because you were new. Word of you being Wangshu Inn's newly employed worker likely spread throughout Wangshu Inn— even though it has only been a day.

It was just as they say, 'the walls have ears.' And especially in Liyue, rumors spread like wildfire. But then again, it was probably obvious by the uniform you wore. It was a similar design to that of Verr Goldlet's dress. Dark magenta, but with flowers on the ends.

"What's your name?" The young girl with curious Jade eyes extends her hand towards you to hold it. A soft smile appears on your lips as you take her hand, "I'm Y/n, You?"

Her face brightens joyfully at your question. "My name is Xiuying!" she giggles; her laughter bringing you a sense of happiness. The young girl looks back at her friends and points at them one by one. "That's Leah, she's from Mondstadt." She points at the young girl who looked around her age. Leah had waist-long dark green hair in the back, while two short locks of hair that reached down to her neck in the front. You admired her unique colored violet eyes. They shined beautifully in the warm sun.

Your eyes drifted to the side of Leah where a young boy with similar violet-colored eyes stood, "That's Leon! He's Leah's younger twin brother. He came to visit Mondstadt along with Leah and their mom and dad." Xiuying states while you wave at the two young twins; to which they smile back. Leon and Leah have similar features. Both with silky smooth long green hair, and beautiful violet-colored eyes. Expect, Leon's hair appeared to be longer; with his hair reaching his waist like his sister's despite being tied up in a high ponytail.

Your gaze wanders back to the young girl whose hands you held. Judging by her appearance, she seemed to be the youngest. Around four years of age if you were to guess. "Alright, where do you guys want to play?" You asked, your left hand reaching back for the two young twins to hold. "Let's play downstairs! There are too many people inside the building." Leah suggested as she took your hand whilst her younger brother held hers.

Looking down at the three young children holding your hand, you felt light. It was the feeling of nostalgia that left a bitter yet heartwarming feeling in your chest, and memories that you had almost long forgotten came flooding back into your mind. Something about these young children seemed... familiar.

Suddenly, as you stepped out the balcony and back indoors, you heard a quiet grumbling sound coming from Xiuying— and looking to your right, you notice as she stops to hold her stomach. "Is something the matter?" You ask as you crouched down, and the twin's pause to look back. The young girl looked up at you with a nonchalantly look, "I'm feeling hungry" she mutters.

Though a bit surprised by her straightforward response, you soon let out a soft chuckle. "Well then, I can cook up a small meal for you before we go out to play— if you'd like?"

Xiuying looks up once she heard your offer. "Yes, please!" She exclaims in excitement.

You take a moment to glance at a nearby clock before looking back at the young twins. A look of jealousy covered their faces, "Miss Y/n, can you make us a meal too?" Leon asked, and Leah's head nodded in agreement at her brother's words. "Of course, if that's what you want. I can't let you guys play on an empty stomach now can we?" You replied while you stood back up.

Taking the hand of the young children again, you walk down to the kitchen together. "Is there anything in particular that you want to eat?" You asked, looking down at Xiuying and the young twins. "I'll be fine with anything as long as it's made by you!" Xiuying commented. "Same here! I and Leon just want to try your food. Just cook what you're good at making!" Leah adds.

You nod, "Well then... how does almond tofu sound?"