A New Assistant | 1

❝ ONE DAY, I PROMISE TO TAKE YOU HOME

❝ ONE DAY, I PROMISE TO TAKE YOU HOME... ❞
❀ ིྀ﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏ ིྀ❀

It was the time of the year again; the lantern rite festival. A traditional Liyue festival that is celebrated on the first full moon of the year, and usually lasts for up to five whole days. However this year, there was an announcement that there would be a firework show on the last day. A very large one. One that can be seen anywhere as long as you're in Liyue. Word of it quickly spread throughout the entirety of Teyvat, and many people outside of Liyue wanted to see it. Hence, a week to a few days before the beginning of the festival, many people from all over the world came to visit.

Since then, hotels and inns have been a hotspot for many outside travelers and merchants. Day by day, it seems to get busier and busier. Yet despite its certainly helping business... it can quickly become very stressful for some places as widely known as Wangshu Inn (a place you can find on the path to Liyue Harbor)

In the inn, the stove is always on and cooking. The counter is always— if not most of the time busy, and there's always a table or area that had to be cleaned. It's hard to maintain Wangshu Inn when there's an overload of customers and not a lot of employees. But, it has gotten to the point where Verr Goldet, the owner of Wangshu Inn, and her husband Huai'an, the innkeeper; have begun to lack the time to perform their real duties.

As both of them are secret agents of the Liyue Qixing, their primary duty at the Wangshu Inn is to support Xiao- the Vigilant Yaksha, or in other words, a young adepti who exercises plagues in Liyue. However, due to how busy Wangshu Inn has become, the owner of the Inn was concerned that they may not be able to provide their full and proper assistance to the young adepti.

Thus, amid complications in Wangshu Inn... Ninggaung, the Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing, suggested hiring someone to personally assist The Vigilant Yaksha in their place; just until the end of the lantern rite festival. Therefore, they'd be able to shift their focus to managing the customers during the festival rather than worrying too much about Xiao.

But, there was also a problem with this plan.

Xiao, The Vigilant Yaksha had quite a stiff personality. His stubbornness and lack of communication made it difficult for an average human to socialize with him. He tends to avoid people at all costs and is also known to be extremely reserved. It would be tough to find someone who can tolerate the young adepti. and most importantly, someone who Xiao would interact with.

Yet despite all these obstacles, Ninggaung had someone in mind.

The Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing did not explain who this individual was. She didn't state the person's qualities or history, nor even provided a picture of them.

Although there was a hint of doubt in Verr Goldet -- she was aware that Ninggaung's judgment and range of knowledge far exceeded her own, and as a result, she decided to hire the recommended individual. Even if all she knew about them was their name...