Just As Sweet | 4

Suggested Song(s):
♫ Liana Flores - rises the moon ♫
♫ Clario - Bubble Gum ♫

Suggested Song(s):♫ Liana Flores - rises the moon ♫♫ Clario - Bubble Gum ♫

-

The soft, sweet, yet slightly bitter taste of almond tofu. Its refreshing scent and comforting texture - a good snack for young children, but a nostalgic taste for The Vigilant Yaksha. Memories of when he would devour others' dreams, while at the same time, memories of the first mortal dish she had once introduced to him... It was a mix of both. Both bitter, and sweet.

❀ ིྀ﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏ ིྀ❀

The floors creaked as you hurried down the stairs of Wangshu Inn. With a tray of four bowls of almond tofu, you made your way towards the table where the three young children sat down below.

The stairs of Wangshu Inn were long, thus you were careful not the trip and drop the tray of food. "Xiuying, Leah and Leon!" You called as you finally made it to the ground, and as they heard your voice, they immediately turned their heads to look at you. "Miss Y/n!" Leah exclaimed, waving her hand high up in the air for you to see.

The three children stared intently at the tray of almond tofu as you placed it down in the center of the table. "Here's your almond tofu, make sure to eat slowly." You said as you placed each plate in front of the children. Xiuying was first to grab to bowl. Everyone was excited to try your dish.

However, as you were watching the young children begin to eat their meals, Leah tilted her head as she watched you sit down. "Miss Y/n, aren't you not going to eat too?" She asked, glancing at the fourth bowl of almond tofu that was still on the tray and then back at you.

You shook your head. "No, I'm alright. You go ahead. I'm not hungry right now." you explained, but Leah frowned. "Then... why did you make an extra bowl of almond tofu?" she questioned as she took her first bite of the almond tofu. Her eyes widened at the taste, "Woah! This is super tasty." Leah commented before quickly taking another bite. You didn't answer Leah's question and only chuckled. "I'm glad you enjoy it," you replied, completely ignoring her question.

Looking sideways, you rested your chin on the palm of your hand. The view down below of Wangshu wasn't so bad either... the silk flowers, the lack, to even the mountains in the background. It was all so familiar yet so new.

From her bowl, Xiuying notices you staring aimlessly at the view beyond Wangshu Inn, and she glances in the direction in which you stared before noticing the necklace hanging from around your neck. "Miss Y/n, what's that?" Xiuying spoke, catching your attention.

You look back at the young girl and follow her gaze to the piece of jewelry that was wrapped around your neck with a thin string. "Oh, this?" you held the black crystal. Xiuying nodded. "It's nothing Important... It's just something I like wearing," you muttered as you took a moment to stare a bit longer at the crystal.