A Frozen Date(fluff)

AN

this isn't necessarily miritama but, that's who it was written for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been freezing for the past few weeks, but there was no snow, this made my boyfriend happy for some reason that he refused to tell me. It has always been this way he gets happy whenever it gets really cold. This year I was gonna find out why.

It was Thursday afternoon at around five, and I was trying to force my way through the mountain of homework I got that night when I got a text from my boyfriend, "are you done with your hw?"

"No :(" I wanted to lie and say yes but I know that if I did we would talk until I had to go to med and I wouldn't finish. I know I'm not really smart like him, even though he won't admit it 'cuz his depression doesn't let him see the good in him no matter how many times I tell him!

"Text me when you're done" was what I got back. I sent him another frowny face but he didn't respond. He wants me to do better in school and now he's using the silent treatment to get me to do my work. I love and hate this man! But I didn't stay mad at him for long I never could, I love him too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually, I finished my work and grabbed my phone, "Done" I texted, as quickly as my fingers allowed.

"Do you want to go on a date with me tomarrow afternoon?" his response was immediate. I knew that he had the response typed up in notes or something and he just copied and pasted it into the message. This was a strategy he told me his therapist got him using when he needs to text or email something that he's afraid to send. Asking me out isn't something that he should be scared to do. We've been dating for years, but between his anxiety and depression, it's hard for him to ask for anything even from me! I had to learn from his body language what he wanted be it a kiss or to be held, but it was worth it! I'd do anything to make him happy!

"Of course!"

"Do you have anything planned?" I double texted.

"Yes" I waited for him to tell me more, but he didn't say anything. The other person is texting dots weren't there either.

"Wanna tell me what it is? Lol"

"Can it be a surprise? I think you'll like it" another copy and paste response. Like everything he does by choice, this was completely preplanned.

Like I thought we spent the rest of the night texting, and he did not cave about our mystery date he had planned. I guess I did that to him a few times, but I'm not doing that again because this is driving me crazy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, it was Friday after school and I can find out what he had planned!

"We need to stop at my house to get some things," he informed me as we left the building, he also looked happy and excited, but he still wouldn't tell me where we're going. At his apartment we both left our school bags and changed out of our school uniforms, we both keep a change of clothes at the other's house. He also grabbed a large bag from his room and then grabbed a bag from the kitchen and put that in it. "We need to take the train."

The train was thankfully empty, so I wrapped my arm around him, and he melted into my side. We spent the time talking about randomness while enjoying each other's company.

I had no idea where we were! We were on the train for over an hour and a half! He then led me to a forest. I knew that my boyfriend liked nature and the people-free solitude that came with it. We weren't on a path, but he seemed to know exactly where he was going, he looked so confident and sure of himself which made me so happy, I don't get to see that side of him often, it was a bit of a turn on. Eventually, we stopped at a clearing, and in the center was a frozen lake. The sight was breathtaking, the leafless trees reflected on the lake, like a giant mirror. He had told me about having a secret place this is probably it. Grabbing his hand, I looked over to see his smiling face and he met my gaze, and I could see how at peace he was, I had never seen him this calm, it's like his constant anxiety just melted away. He was just as an amazing sight to behold as the lake. He let go of my hand and I watched him take off his bag and start digging through it; he pulled out two sets of ice skates, one in his size and one in mine. He looked at me, eyes full of hope, "Do you want to skate?"

"I don't know how..." my voice was rather sheepish, as I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck.

"I can show you," he smiled, he had that confidence that I rarely see. I knew being around people gave him anxiety but being just with me in a forest is just night and day. I nodded as he grabbed my hand and we walked down to the lake. There was a log that was practically on the lake. There was no way it fell there he must have pushed it over. He mentioned having a secret place and now I'm sure that this is it. we sat down and changed into our skates.

He got up onto the ice with practiced ease. I tried and ended up falling back down onto the log. We both laughed, and he helped steady me on the ice. With our arms around each other, we skated all over the lake. I was starting to get the hang of it as the sun started to set.

"It's time for the best part," his voice was laced with excitement, as we skated back to the log. We changed back into our shoes, and he brought me back to where he left his bag. He pulled out a waterproof tarp and spread it on the ground, I sat down and he pulled out a large blanket to wrap around both of us and a large thermos. Once comfortable. He drank from the thermos and handed it to me. I took a sip, it was hot chocolate, and somehow it was still hot!! I drank some more. Letting the heat worm me up from the inside out, before handing it back to him. He leaned on me and pointed at the sky. I wrapped my arm around him as we watched the sun fall and the sky and the clouds fill up with color.

"Look at the lake," he whispered. I did and saw everything perfectly reflected on the frozen lake, plus some extra shimmering. I looked at him then back at the lake, two of the most beautiful things in the world.

As the sun reached the horizon, I pulled him into a deep kiss. "This has been a perfect date. I love you so much, I'm so lucky to have you," I told him, giving him a quick kiss on the forehead.

I knew that not all of the pink on his cheeks was from the cold as he squirmed from the complement, so cute! "I love you."

"I love you too"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed!

Please click that like star! This lets other people find this story!(and makes me happy)

Please tell me what you thought of this chapter/story!

Constructive criticism is welcome.

(You have no idea how much joy I get from someone liking/commenting on my work.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~