Two to the Power of Love

AN

Sorry for not posting there will be more of these adorable boys in your future!

Unlike the poems, the song is not mine, it's as stated in the story Two to the power of love" by Janet Jackson.

The song lyrics are italicized.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mirio POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tamaki loves to sing, and he's really good at it, but like always, his anxiety gets in the way. I'm the only person that he feels comfortable sinning in front of! His favorite type of songs are cheesy love songs! He's such a hopeless romantic he still writes me a love poem at least once a month. With songs, we have this thing where I find a song, then he comes over, hears it once or twice then sings it, sometimes I sing along two, but I'm not as good at memorizing them. But he finds it cute when I stumble over words. No matter what happens, he's happy, and that's what I care about. Being truly happy is something he also doesn't feel enough about. His anxiety gets in the way, and he can't even ask for what he wants. We've been dating for almost 6 years now and have been friends for like forever, but it wasn't until like a few months ago that he allowed himself to start a kiss or ask for me to hold him! I had to learn the little things he does when he wants something. Like when he wants a kiss, he would bring his face close to mine, and when he wants to be held, I'd have to see it in his eyes or the way he tenses up. It took a while to learn to speak Tamaki, but it was so worth it! I love him so much!

I was searching for a song for us, and I came across this old song called "Two to the power of love" by Janet Jackson (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObIU4jhhwcA). I'm not a wordsmith like Tamaki but I noticed that if I changed one line, I could ask him what I wanted to ask him for a while! I took out my phone to text him. It was nine at night and I knew he was home because about an hour ago he texted me to tell me that he safely finished his patrol. No matter what he wanted, or what his mental illnesses made him think, Sun Eater was becoming quite a popular hero.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tamaki POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was relaxing after my patrol scrolling through social media while rewatching a show that I had already seen half a dozen times when I got a text from Mirio. "Hey baby I found a song that I think you'd like want to come over and we can listen to it? <3 <3"

I love that he looks for new music for me, I love him so much and I want to move in with him, but I don't want to move out of my parents' apartment, I don't like change I had a panic attack when I moved into the UA dorms and it would be weird because I want to wait until marriage to have sex, I want to marry him but that seems scary too but exciting, I just don't like new things just thinking about all of these possible changes elevates my anxiety which is high as a baseline. It just goes down a bit when I'm with Mirio. I realized that I was just holding my phone and not answering him. "When do you want me to go over? I can come over now if you want." I respond.

"Now's good see you soon! <3" I smiled and changed out of pajamas and into normal clothing, jeans, and a hoodie, I made sure I had everything, wallet, keys, a days' worth of meds, in case I end up staying the night, as that happens sometimes if I'm lucky. I told my parents where I was going as I put on my shoes and headed over. When Mirio was looking for apartments, he made sure to get one near where I lived so it was just a fifteen-minute walk in the cool refreshing night air.