Chapter 7|| Girls With Guns

It's like hearing a song for the first time and being struck by it, haunted by it, wanting to hunt it down and catch it, because the song sums up something you didn't know you wanted to say, giving you chills and goosebumps

- Kirsty Eagar
_______________

 - Kirsty Eagar_______________

2015, Murray Hill, New York

Age 21

"Here are your sandwiches and coffee, Elliana," Miranda, the waitress, hands me my food.

"Thank you, Miranda," I say.

I exit Wattle Cafe with the paper bag and tray of coffee balanced perfectly in my hand. I discovered the retrofitted cafe while roaming the streets during one of my early morning walks. The transparent exterior which allows you to view the beige interior is one of its attractions. The Australian cuisine provided inside quickly became one of my favorite tastes.

"I better hurry," I remind myself, securing the food into my passenger seat before driving to the office.

I hurry into the office, placing the food on the dining table before yelling for Angela and Jane. They rush into the office, bright grins adorning their faces as they help themselves to the food. I munch on my ham sandwich and take a sip of my iced coffee as Jane takes her food to her office, not forgetting to properly greet me with our routine hug.

"Hey, Angie, how's Miller?" I ask.

"He's doing better than me," She grunts.

"What's wrong?' I question, my face scrunching in concern.

"My period is late and I'm having super bad cramps." She explains.

"Oh my gosh, baby number 2?" I ask.

"Hell no, I will kill Miller if he gets me pregnant again." She says.

"Hey, don't hurt my friend. It takes two to tango. How's my little princess Maya?" I ask.

"My mini-me is doing great," She squeaks.

"Oh please, she's a mini-Miller," I exclaim, "Still can't believe you two got married and had a beautiful daughter."