Chapter 4

Chapter 4

'I'll never be alone...? What a plain bullshit.'

Etelle clench her fist under the blanket. She secretly glare at the man who they address as the Duke, who's now talking to a doctor.

'... At first I thought he will be reliable...'

She remember a word from certain someone in her childhood.

"Security, sincerity, heck even promises are lies, you'll never know when will they forget or take back their words. So Etelle, never take others' concern to your heart."

She grew up holding on those words while surviving in the world full of greed.

That's why Etelle's heart has never been open with any of people's honesty.

The Duke look at her so she acted like she don't understand any.

The Doctor spoke. "I am concern we could not be able to check his body. Wolf pups usually never let themselves be touch with strangers. Whenever they are wounded, they're parents are the one who take care of it."

'Yes. Letting them check me naked will only put me in danger, I don't know what will they do if they discover I'm sexless.'

"How will we treat his wounds then?" The Duke asked.

The Doctor sweatdrop. "Well, you see. Wolves are capable of healing themselves."

"But aren't his wounds too severe? I saw his wrist have a mark of chains, it looks like it's bleeding."

"If it's just the wounds on his limbs, we can do something about that."

In the end, Etelle found herself eating while the doctors are carefully and anxiously treating her wounds. She's using her own hands, after all it will add spice in her acting.

'Fuck... They're treating me like a dog!'. If it's not for survival, she probably would've shot them dead.

It's annoying how they treat her like some pet but at least they are feeding her.

'Just... How the hell did I got here...?'

The last thing she remember is when she's running away from the police and then she got run over by a truck. She shivers as she remember how it felt when her bones cracked and her limbs getting ripped. It was hellish and terrifying.

She was awake until the ambulance came, basically means she's aware of her surroundings and she can still feel as they moved her body pieces by pieces.

Etelle unconsciously shake in fear. 'Fuck... This is all those bastard's fault...'

The Duke watch as the pink haired boy close his eyes. His whole body is shaking that even the doctor stopped and got alarmed.

The Duke went close to the boy and slowly pet his head.

He can feel him calming and slowly get back from eating.

He glance at the doctor. "You can continue."

The doctor continue but more careful this time. Probably scared of the young wolf to go berserk.

**

"What...? The Duke bought a slave?"

A man with a sharp look,  attractive dark skin and muscular body is standing in front of the Duke's Mansion.

He is wearing a remarkable knight's uniform, it have an embroidery of black roses, a symbol that he belongs to the Duke's power and his notable sword that is put in his scabbard.

"Yes. I saw it, it looks like a kid." the maid said.

He thinks for a moment. "I see... The Duke must have had a reason."

"Yes, after all, he would never bring someone without reason."

"May I ask one more?"

"Yes? Go ahead."

"The kid... Is it a girl?"

"Uhh... Well, at first you'll think he looks like a girl but if you stare and focus more, you'll notice how he resembles a boy. But I heard from the head maid and the butler that it was a boy."

He sighed in relief. "Oh.. That's good."

"Well, I gotta go now, I still have lots of laundries."

"Right, sorry for disturbing you."

"No, it's fine. Good day... Miko."