Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The Duke stare emotionless on the pink haired boy. He already got out of the carriage while his attendants are trying to get the boy out.

"Is he still refusing?" he asked the head maid.

The head maid sighed. "Yes, your grace. He seems to be scared and anxious."

The Duke took out a candy in his pocket and unwrapped it. He threw the wrapper and put the candy on his palm. The boy's eyes met his.

'Beautiful... He have a really... Beautiful eyes.'

His eyes are bigger than a normal person's, it is a beautiful lively pink darker than the tone of his hair.

"You sure have a beautiful eyes... Do you want this?" he show him the candy in his hand, the boy tried to take it but he pull it back so he won't reach it.

"Y-Your Grace, it's dangerous—!" one of his knight said.

"You can use this." The head maid show him a choker, it has a leash made out of chains.

He raised his eyebrow. "Are you serious?"

The head maid only chuckle at his reaction. "Your grace, this one is a comfortable one, it would never harm the child. Do I look that bad to you? That you would think I would offer a harmful item to a child?"

"N-No.. It just that... Don't you think a choker would be too much?"

"No. This is recommended by the doctor. For people with mental disabilities. You can take out the leash and leave the choker to use as a tracker, it have a magic stone inside."

"... I see." he look at the boy who is now salivating at the sight of the candy in his hands. He put the candy in his thumb and index finger, he put it in the boy's mouth who anxiously chew on it, he didn't let go of the candy, making the boy chew it while he's holding it.

He took the choker from the maid and used his other hand to put it in the boy's neck, he flinch when he felt the boy's sharp canines and tongue. Soon, he successful put and locked the choker.

He gently hold the boy's jaw, making him open his mouth so the Duke could take back his hand away.

"Finally..!" he happily said.

He gently pull the leash to make the boy stand up. He walk closer and lift him in his arm, bridal style.

"Y-Your Grace—"

"He's not heavy, he's so thin that I feel like he's gonna break when I press him more."

"I— still! Your Grace!"

He ignore his servants' words and continue to walk inside his Mansion.

They reach a clean and unoccupied room, he put the boy in the bed and look at the door. He saw his butler. "Go call the doctor, but before that, bring us food first."

After that, the butler bow and left, the head knight entered with a scroll in his hands. He bowed and handed one to the Duke.

"What did you found?" The Duke asked while reading the scroll.

"After investigating, we found out that one of the Count's personnel found a puppy around few months old that is confirmed to come from the extinct tribe of Wolves."

The Duke frown. "Few months old?"

"Yes. The growth of the children of wolf tribes are faster than humans."

"His parents are dead?"

"Unfortunately... Yes, your grace."

The Duke look at the boy who's still chewing on the candy. The poor boy will grow up without parents, he will face difficulties alone.

It could be better if he could meet those with big similarities with him, but his whole race is gone.

The Duke feel bad.

He knows well how's it like to be alone.

"How old could this child be?" He ask the knight.

"Around five years old. He acually looks too small for five years old pup, but since he's malnourished, it's reasonable."

The Duke sit on the bed, he saw how the boy flinched so he back away a little. "Don't worry..." he put his hand up and acted like he's patting the boy. "From now one, you'll never be alone."