Chapter 10

Note: just in case, someone doesn't get the way I write the narration, the whole story progress within third person point of view, as you notice, if it's Etelle's pov, the narration is still the same but the perspective is different AND she is being addressed as 'she/her'  (POV is 'Point of View')

In the other's perspective, the narration is still the same but different in addressing. Example, the Duke addresses Etelle as a He/him.

The reason why in Etelle's POV, she's being address as female is because that is what the character want. Once Etelle choose to be a boy despite of being sexless, then the narration will change into 'he/him'.

━━━

"Etelle!"

"Sir Etelle!"

"Etelle, where are you?"

Miko and the Maid both look at each other with worry. They lost Etelle after he sprinted everywhere like a dog who finally went outside after few hours of staying inside.

Miko is the most distressed, though. After all, the Duke told him to not let the leash go but since he felt uncomfortable leashing the poor kid, he let it go for a while. Etelle still have the collar and leash attached on her neck, which is one of the reason why Miko is worried. What if the leash is too heavy for the kid? It's made of metal so even if it's thin, with the malnourished kid's frail body, it probably weight too much.

"Oh lord..." he can't help but pray under his breath. Just thinking about Etelle being hurt because of his stupidity almost made him faint.

**

"Hi, what's your name?" Margo crouch down as he stare at the pink haired kid in front of him.

"Are you a slave?" he glance at the collar attached on the neck.

The kid have a malnourished thin body, his ear is a little pointed and his eyes are bigger than a human. He stare at the hair. "Where did I see that hair again?"

He tried to remember but he cannot. Hair colors determines race. Black and brunette for Humans, Blonde for Royalties who are humans but blessed by the Gods.

"... White hair and red eyes for Vampires... Are you a fox? I heard foxes aren't so friendly."

He put his hands in front of the kid's mouth. The kid sniffs it cutely.

'How adorable...'

Reminds him of military dogs. Dangerous but cute.

Then the kid suddenly licked his hand. That made him flinch and pull back his hand.

His face flushed. "W-What!?"

His finger is now wet with the other's saliva. It feels sticky but not dirty. And the kid's tongue...it rather feels soft like feathers.

'What the...' he unconsciously press his hand on his chest. Maybe he's just nervous? Yeah... That might be it.

"Bad." he press his palm on the kid's head. He heard that in this way, you can calm someone.

Etelle internally scoffs. This guy is a closeted pervert. And why does this strangers keep touching her head?

His palm is soft, as if the one touching her is a girl. Well, no need to question it. After all, this guy...

Margo Traquiz, the intellectual, collective and introverted first prince. Compare to the Princess Crista and the second prince, Margo is a lot more compatible in the position of the future emperor. If only it wasn't for his unwillingness.

One more thing that people who are against him uses is because of his hair. Crista and the second prince both have blonde hair.

Blonde hair is a said to be gift from God. It's absolutely rare, that only the imperial family could have.

Margo, on the other side is different. Instead of being blessed with the blinding light golden hair, he received a plain brown curly hair.

'A tsundere' Etelle's eyes beam in excitement.

'Tsunderes are my type!'

Although, Margo's temperament is rather calm and intellect, he have a hidden side that no one could just dig up. He is absolutely warm yet he hides it beneath his frowning face.

It's an adorable side for a Prince like him.

Margo took something from his pocket. It was a small chocolate candy.

He unwrapped it, took Etelle's hand and put it in the kid's hand.

He bit his lips and watch as the other eat the chocolate. He remember taking it after his sister gave it to him. Crista said, she reminds it of his hair.

That child really never aged. She still acts like a child. But that's what makes her precious.

"You know... You kinda look like a girl. Your hair is also a bit long. The shape of your eyes reminds me of a panther, although yours are pink. Your body... You... Uhh... Ehem." he look away. His face is heating up.

Why does this kid looks like a girl!? And why does his body looks appealing?

He to a breathe and stare once again.

Maybe this kid is a girl? He somehow cannot comprehend it. For the first time of his life, he cannot find an answer for something.

Until he cannot take it anymore. His bent his hand and touched the other's cheek. It feels soft.

It was until...

*crunch*

'oops' Etelle's eyes widen.

An ear piercing scream covered the whole place. Etelle just bit Margo's hand...