Four: A Sparked Movement.

A Sparked Movement.

Stephenie huffed out; her breathing was heavy as she continued to lift her weights. She looked at her own reflection. Her eyes roamed over her technique, seeing if there had been anything she could do to improve her technique, but she found that her form had been perfect. Giving out a small grunt, Stephenie squatted down and dropped the weights in her hand, listening as the loud thud from the weights filled the room. Shaking her hands, Stephenie walked back a few steps and picked up her bottle of water, and took a large gulp. The water was no longer cold but warm, telling her that she had been in the gym longer than she had initially planned.

Sitting at the bench, Stephenie pulled one earbud out and looked around the gym, taking in all of the humans who had been gazing at her. Unfortunately, Stephenie had been the only non-human in the gym, and that meant that the humans were going to stare at her while she worked out, something that made her stop going to the gym for a while.

Allowing her eyes to search over the human side of the gym, Stephenie saw that Kimberly had been struggling with powerlifting. Stephenie held back her grin as she stepped towards the small wall that separated the humans and non-humans and quickly jumped over the wall. She ran towards Kimberly, ignoring all the gym employees and humans that were trying to stop her. She quickly moved around the humans and stepped behind Kimberly, just in time to catch the bar. When Stephenie placed her hand on the small of Kimberly's back, her entire body burned with desire, and she set the bar back on the rack.

"I could have put it back, Steph," Kimberly spoke, ignoring the fact that her body had been heating up from Stephenie's touch. Instead, Kimberly moved around in Stephenie's arm and placed both of her hands on Stephenie's shoulders, watching as Stephenie's brown eyes started to glow from the touch. This caused Kimberly to smirk as she leaned in closer, attempting to kiss Stephenie, but their little moment had been ruined when someone had violently yanked Stephenie away from Kimberly. Both women stared at the human man who was glaring at Stephenie, his hold on Stephenie's arm would have been tight to most non-humans, but it felt like a shot to Stephenie.

"You're not supposed to be on this side, you fucking mutt!" The man growled, then allowed his amber eyes to look at Kimberly, almost as though he was expecting Kimberly to hug him and say thank you. Instead, Kimberly stepped towards the man and shoved him back, causing everyone that had gathered around them to gasp out. Stephenie removed herself from the man's hold and stepped next to Kimberly, knowing precisely what would happen.

"I didn't ask you to help me in any way, especially from my own girlfriend," Kimberly hissed out, attempting to jab her finger in the guy's chest, but Stephenie held Kimberly back, seeing that the guy looked like he was getting ready to hit Kimberly. Something Stephenie feared when they both left their small town this morning, as their town didn't have a gym.

"Your girlfriend? That's disgusting. Humans and monsters shouldn't be together in any way! Wait until the Human Council hears about this!" The man growled, attempting to reach out for Kimberly once more, but Stephenie had slapped the man's hand away. This caused the crowd to gasp out once more, surprised that a non-human would get physical with a human.

"Our relationship is none of your concern, serf," Stephenie bit out, pulling Kimberly closer to her. Stephenie knew that if they didn't leave soon, there would be trouble. While most times, getting out of trouble in their town had been easy, but they were in the city, almost an hour away, where laws were much more strict.

"It is a concern, especially if she doesn't have emotional control over herself. We know how you monsters work," The man spoke, again attempting to grab hold of Kimberly. Stephenie slapped his hand away again, causing Kimberly to chuckle. Kimberly covered her mouth, trying to hold back her laughter but failed. Stephenie allowed her eyes to drift away from the man, taking in Kimberly. Stephenie felt her heart slam against her chest, taking in the beautiful smile Kimberly held.