Season 1 Episode 4 - The Alliance

DUNDER MIFFLINMadi was holding her office phone to her ear while twirling a pen as Pam entered the annex and went over to the female H

DUNDER MIFFLIN
Madi was holding her office phone to her ear while twirling a pen as Pam entered the annex and went over to the female H.R. rep.

Pam: "Hey Madi, Michael wanted—" she started to say before she realized that the brunette was on the phone, "Oh sorry."

Madi: "Oh, don't worry about it. It's only hold music." she told her before continuing, "What's up?"

Pam: "To boost morale, Michael wants us to throw Meredith a birthday party since her's is the next one."

Madi: "Okay... wait isn't her birthday next month?"

Pam: "He wants it to be a surprise party."

Madi: "Well a month early will definitely be a surprise." she sarcastically remarked before hanging up her handset.

Pam: "Weren't you on hold still?"

Madi: "I've been on hold for twenty-five minutes, I'll call back later." she replied before she got up and the two headed for the conference room. 

~~~~~

Madi: "When I first started at the Scranton branch, it was about three weeks before the office's Valentine's Day party and since I hadn't experienced one of their parties before, I asked Pam about it. She told me that Angela takes the parties very seriously and that she always brings in something sweet. And because I knew Angela was bringing in something sweet, I brought in chips and salsa."

~~~~~

Phyllis: "Well, uh, for decorations, maybe we could... it's stupid, forget it." she starts to say after the members of the Party Planning Committee, minus Meredith, convened in the conference room.

Angela: "What?"

Phyllis: "I was just going to say, maybe we could have streamers, but that's dumb, everybody has streamers. Never mind."

Madi: "Streamers aren't a bad idea."

Angela: "No, yeah, I think that's a good idea."

Phyllis: "Yeah?"

Madi: "What color do you guys think?"

Phyllis: "Well, there's green, um, blue... yellow... red..."

Pam: "How about green?"

Angela: "I think green is kind of whoreish."

~~~

Madi: "And the next thing I knew, Angela was coming up and praising me with the fact that somehow I knew not to bring something of the same category in as her. I guess Phyllis was supposed to bring in chips that year and brought in brownies instead. All I know is the following day Angela was drafting me into the Party Planning Committee. Her memo said that we need to prepare for every possible disaster."