Season 2 Episode 1 - The Dundies

DUNDER MIFFLINMichael: "Tonight is the Dundies, the annual employee awards night here at Dunder Mifflin

DUNDER MIFFLIN
Michael: "Tonight is the Dundies, the annual employee awards night here at Dunder Mifflin." he tells the camera while holding up a trophy of a business man, "And this is everybody's favorite day. Everybody looks forward to it, because, you know, a lot of the people here don't get trophies, very often. Like Meredith or Kevin, I mean, who's gonna give Kevin an award? Dunkin' Donuts? Plus, bonus, it's really, really funny. So I, you know, an employee will go home, and he'll tell his neighbor, 'Hey, did you get an award?' And the neighbor will say, 'No man. I mean, I slave all day and nobody notices me.' Next thing you know, employee smells something terrible coming from neighbor's house. Neighbor's hanged himself due to lack of recognition. So..."

~~~~~

Early that morning, Madi was standing at the fax machine behind Pam's desk as the receptionist was turning on her computer for the day.

Pam: "Your car's still in the auto shop?"

Madi: "Yeah, mechanic said it should be done by this afternoon. I'm gonna head there after work. It'll be nice to have my car back again."

Pam: "Rather than taking the bus everywhere."

Madi: "I'm just glad there is a bus that can actually take me here. I mean after getting used to New York's great public transportation, you realize that almost every other city's transportation sucks in comparison."

Pam: "Well, be happy Michael didn't know that your car was in the shop or he may have offered to drive you everyday." she tells the H.R. rep causing her eyes to widen.

Madi: "Oh, let's not say that." she remarked when Jim walked over to the two.

Jim: "So, you ready for the Dundies?"

Pam: "Ugh."

Madi: "God, is that today?" she muttered after Pam let out a groan.

~~~

Pam: "You know what they say about a car wreck, where it's so awful you can't look away? The Dundies are like a car wreck that you want to look away, but you have to stare at it because your boss is making you."

~

Madi: "The Dundies are a pain in the ass for me because it technically is an office event. Which means that any inappropriate jokes that Michael makes during them can get reported to me the following work day. I did so much paperwork after the Dundies last year." she told the cameras with a sigh.

~~~

Michael: "Hey hey hey! It's Fat Halpert." he said in a Fat Albert voice when coming over to the three.

Jim: "What?"

Michael: "Fat Halpert. Jim Halpert." he repeated before speaking normally, "So why don't I take you on a tour of past Dundie winners. We got Fat Jim Halpert here. Jim, why don't you show off your Dundies to the camera?" he tells the sales rep as the two walk over to his desk.