Two (Tyler)

*Two Years Later*

It's been a while, hasn't it? In two years a lot changes. I've gotten really good in karting and I'm making a name for myself. Sara and I just celebrated three years as well. So, all is good right? Well not exactly. See I was approached by Mercedes Driving Academy for F2, which is amazing, but it means I have to go to Europe. Which in hindsight is amazing but the shit part is that it can only be me to go and stay there, and since I finished high school early it makes it nice, but that means I'll have to leave Sara as well as my parents. Sara and I plan on talking about it all tonight at dinner. but we both know what has to happen.

My days have honestly just consisted of me working on my kart, working out, and worrying about Sara and I. She's a trooper but I know it won't work. I'm about two hours away from making the hardest decision I've had to make in my 17 years of life. Either pass up the opportunity of a lifetime or leave everyone and everything behind me for a new start.

"Hey baby" Sara said with a sad smile. "Hi pretty" I said returning the sad smile. "Do we want to talk before or after we eat?" She asked me. "After. If we, do it before we won't want to eat anything." I spoke. She nodded and we sat down. She met me and the diner since she had work late and didn't feel like going home to simply just go right back out again.

We ordered our food and talked like everything was normal, but the tension was so thick you couldn't slice it with a knife.

"Okay. Let's talk now" Sara said. "Okay." I replied. "You're supposed to leave in two weeks. You are the only one allowed to go and we both know we won't be able to do long distance like that." She spoke softly. "Right. But do we want to throw away three years just like that? I don't want to leave you. I don't want this to be the end." I spoke. "No, I don't want to throw it away Ty. I don't want you to go either. But you have such a bright future ahead of you and I know you're going to be such an amazing racer. You can do absolutely anything you put your mind to. So, if you won't make the decision, I'll do it for you. You're going to Europe, you're going to race your ass off in F2, you're going to be fucking unstoppable, you're going to race F1 for your dream team, and if it's meant to be we will find each other again down the road." She spoke. I was slightly crying at this point. Fuck me this was hard. I looked up at her and her eyes were glossed over. "I love you." I said softly. "And I love you." She replied. "Is this it?" I asked her. "We both know it's only going to get harder the closer it gets. I'm sorry. But this is it. I want you to fulfill your dreams." She said with a staggered breath. "Okay." I nodded. I felt my heart break into two when she said those words. But she was right. There's nothing we can do to make this any better.

"Tyler, you need to start packing. You're leaving in three days." My dad said. "Yeah, okay I know." I grumbled out. "Look I understand you're heart broken and upset. But be happy that she understood and is pushing you towards your dreams and not holding you back from them." He spoke. I looked at him blankly and nodded. Time to start packing.

"Starting on the pole Tyler Martin!" The announcer spoke. Today was my last karting race. I leave in two days. I looked over at the stands and saw Sara sitting there. In the same spot she always did. She looked absolutely stunning. I hadn't seen her since the day we split up almost two weeks ago. But I swear it was like falling in love with her all over again.

The green flag went, and we all took off. I had the lead all the way till lap ten and Drake Lawren passed me in the back corner. Not today bitch. Me and him had what you call a sweet rivalry. Sweet as in he hated me, and I simply didn't care. Which in return made him hate me even more. We went back down and around and i passed him back in the third corner and from then on i was untouchable.

"And our winner and hometown boy who is going to the big leagues Tyler Martin!" The announcer said and I stepped up onto the podium. I held my cup high above my head and looked straight out and saw Sara again. She had a proud smile on her face. Cameras flashed and I focused back on everyone taking pictures. But when I looked back up, she was gone. "Come on kid let's get you home" My dad said, and I nodded.

"Did you see her tonight?" My dad asked as we drove home. "Yeah, I did." I replied. "She came up to me. Said how proud she was of you and how she couldn't wait to watch you way to early on Sunday mornings accomplishing your dream." He spoke. I laughed a little. If Sara was one thing, she was not a morning person at all.

"Alright you're all packed up. Let's get a move on." My mom said. I nodded with a smile, and we walked out the door of the house. They were giving me a ride to the airport and once I got to Barcelona there was going to be someone from the team there to guide me and help me out since I have no fucking clue where to go or how to speak Catalan.

Once we arrived, I saw an all too familiar car pull up behind us. I jumped out of the truck and saw Sara getting out of her car. "Didn't think I was going to let you leave without saying bye did ya?" She asked with a smile. "Not in the slightest." I said back with a genuine smile. "Good luck out there Ty. I'll always be a call away if you need a pep talk or just someone to talk to. You're going to do amazing things I know it." She spoke. I smiled at her and hugged her.

After taking for about half an hour I left and went through the airport. "Flight 26b to Barcelona is now boarding." I heard and I got up to get in line for my gate. New start, here I come.