Chapter 7: My Guardian Angel

Amelia: Chapter 7 My Guardian Angel

Am I dead?

I still hear the rain around me, but... faintly.

I don't think the rain is there anymore. I don't feel it raining on my skin anymore at least.

When I open my eyes, I expect to see my guardian angel ready to take me to whatever's up there.

Yeah... that sounds good. Maybe I can meet my parents, and I'll finally be free from this piece of shit world.

Weakly, I open my eyes. As my eyes adjust to the white light in front of me, I realize:

I see an angel.

But... maybe not in the way I had hoped for.

"Hey, are you alright?" The spirit whispers to me.

My eyes slowly adjust. I smile, and whisper to myself.

"My... angel..."

He sees me speak. He crouches down, and observes me. I smile as I expect him to take me to heaven, but... he doesn't for some reason. Instead, he begins shaking me in a panicked manner.

"H-Hey! Are you alright?! Don't fall asleep on me, now!"

Huh... that's strange. Why is he so concerned about me going to bed? Ahahaha... it's almost as if-

Wait...

It's as almost as if... I'm still alive...?

Suddenly, my eyes jolt open. I begin hyperventilating, observing the surrounding area. As it turns out, I'm still in the alleyway. I look up, expecting to see the messenger of God... instead, I'm greeted with a boy in winter clothing.

I should be happy... someone came over here concerned about me, so why do I feel so disappointed?

The man takes off his scarf, allowing me to see him speaking. "Hey, you okay? I almost just lost you there."

I don't respond. I'm more focused on his hair color. His hair was a full head of white... I guess that's why I thought he was an angel...

"Earth to stranger? I'm speaking to you, Miss."

I start dozing off again. This encounter made me completely forget that I was just dying mere moments ago.

I fall over forwards. Luckily, the white-haired boy catches me.

"OH! Hey, what's wrong?! Do you need assistance?!"

I could only mutter one word... "Water..."

Hearing that, the boy quickly brings out a water jug from his backpack. Suddenly, the life inside me is resuscitated as I see that there was potable water right in front of me. I quickly grab the jug, and damn near chug the whole thing in one swig.

I groan loudly after finishing the drink, catching my breath. I also burp... really loudly. God, that's so embarrassing...

He chuckles at me. I look at him with a stare of distaste. Obviously, I'm very grateful, but I said to myself that I didn't want to be patronized. I don't say that out loud to my noble savior, however...

"So, are you a runaway?" He asks sternly. "You're quite young to be running away from home."

Huh?! Me? Too young? This guy is coming off as condescending... he doesn't look any older than me!

"U-Um, yeah. I guess you could say that" I respond.

He looks at me again, this time, with a sympathetic look. "Sorry if this sounds odd, but... I followed you. I saw what you did at the fountain, you know."