Chapter 12: My Father Who Art In Hell

Trigger Warning: Intense Gore and Violence

Amelia: Chapter 12 — My Father Who Art In Hell

...Am I in hell?

I stand here in the midst of nothingness, my senses drowned out by the noise of static being repeated over and over in the depths of my consciousness.

As I clutch the golden catalyst of my fate in the palm of my hand, I can only observe as the arbiter of my providence lies alone with an expression of exasperation in his cavernous gaze.

Our Father, who art in hell... unhallowed be thy name...

The notion of fear wallows within the gaping recession of my heart. As if the culmination of being completely halts within myself... the same could be said for the man standing before me.

My lip quivers. My very soul shatters at the knowing sight that my life itself is flashing before my eyes. My grip is shaking, my vitality itself is escaping my body. The feeling in my knees goes numb — as if all five of my senses vanished within an instant of a second.

The image of the future envelops my mind. The depiction of destruction and havoc is reiterated into my mind, with no intentions of ceasing. My journey felt as if it was clawing at its climax, but it does not continue, halting into a standstill as I stare death right in the eye.

Thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in hell...

I am unable to run. I physically couldn't. I could no longer perceive the freezing water beneath me as the rippling liquid pauses its motions. The man was maneuvering towards me, but I remained powerless, stunned in place. It wasn't until he reaches where I stand is when the fear bubbling up within my lungs accentuates tenfold.

He violently strikes me across the head. I take steps backwards recoiling from the impact, giving me no time to rest before he collides his knuckles with my nose in one, swift motion. My nose was broken... I felt the blood trickle down my lip still shuddering. 

Petrified, I almost fall over, but he grabs me by the arm catching me. I try to push him away, grabbing him by the neck in an attempt to shove him away, but he opens his mouth wide, and chomps down on my hand. I squeal in agony, yet I still could not hear.

He bites down with extreme force, and pulls away with his teeth, tearing off a portion of my hand's flesh. Muscle; exposed for me to see, as blood seeps out of the deep gash on my hand. I retract my grip, and he once again catches my fall. He grabs me by the root of my hair, and forcefully drags me towards the stone table in the middle of the room.

We take this night our rightful due; and trespass not on path of pain...

Heaving my hair, he takes hold of my scalp. He takes hold of my head, and slams it against the edge of the stone structure. It was as if I could feel a portion of my skull chip away, only keeping its form because my outer layer of skin was still intact. I don't have time to process the pain, before he lifts my head up, and batters it against the stone table once more, my ears ringing from the abuse.

My vision goes black for a moment before reappearing... then it suddenly turns a hue of red. It was the blood inside of my corneas obscuring my vision. He clenches his grip on my hair, and yanks a fistful of my hair right out of my scalp, ruining my hair.

He kicks me down. I collapse into the flooded ground before he twists me around, and claws on my face. Sharp fingernails begin lacerating my skin, leaving deep wounds. He doesn't falter; he only picks me up, and slams my back against the base of the table.