Chapter 13: My Answer is Him

Amelia: Chapter 13 — My Answer is Him

"Please... I want to know the name of my savior"

"Why are you trying to hide them?"

"You're going to think they're ugly... You're going to think I'm ugly"

"Please, tell me..."

I'm glad.

I'm so glad that I now know his name.

I'm so happy that I finally know my hero.

...

As the consciousness faded within me begins rising again, the first thing I sense is the bright, circular light above me. My first bodily instinct is to move, but as I attempt to, the aching throughout my body begins once more.

The white noise in my head slows down. I feel the blood flowing throughout my body once more; life surging through me. Suddenly, I am able to open my eyes. I moan as I lay, trying to let my voice escape.

I think someone heard me. My pupils draw towards the sound. There, I see someone sitting on a chair beside me. I also see- ... oh, that makes sense. I'm in a hospital. Duh... that should have been obvious.

On the chair, though, is the person who brought me to the hospital.

It's him... he realizes I'm awake the shortly before I realize he's there. Even though it hurts, I give him a weak smile...

"Heya..."
I say softly. Well, at least my vocal cords work...

My vision adjusts to the brightness of the room, and I take a closer look at him. I see him tremoring as he observes me... I notice just how relieved he looks, tears streaking down his trembling face.

He was crying... for me?

My smile grows. This guy is really sweet.

He leans over to me, resting on the hospital bedframe, breathing heavily, as if a pile of bricks were lifted off of his back. He seems so relieved hearing my voice...

"I was so afraid that I had lost you. Don't scare me like that, Angel..."

There he goes again with that nickname. I don't stop him, though... it's rather adorable having someone care this much about me.

First off, I was curious.
"How long have I been out?"

He shakes his head, trying to answer my questions.
"You've been asleep for about ten days, give or take"

Tsk, Fuckin' A... was I really out for that long? I can't even ponder about this for a moment before my teeth begin aching... wait, teeth?

I bite down a couple of times. I feel a full set of teeth despite graphically remembering having multiple of them knocked out...

He speaks up.
"Careful. The dental implants are still settling in your gums, so you probably shouldn't mess with them for a little while. I guess you're gonna have to stick to IV Fluid for a little while."

He got me new teeth?! Wha-?! Just how loaded IS this guy?!

It's then that I notice how groomed I was. I smelled relatively good, I wasn't bleeding nor was the bedding around me dirty, and I was wearing a fresh hospital gown. Everything was kept clean and organized, including the room. I take a look at the mirror to my left, and notice that even my hair was taken care of.

He runs his fingers through my now short hair.
"After noticing that some of your hair was ripped out, the doctors suggested that we just shaved you bald, but, knowing you, you'd probably be unhappy waking up to find out you looked like Mr. Clean. So, uh, we brought in a barber, and now you're rocking the bob cut."